Home

MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2013, 08:13 PM   #161
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdncurrency
Victor Martinez? Alex Avila? Torii Hunter? Scherzer?

Do you even watch the Tigers? Apparently not.
Plenty actually. None of those serve as a rebuttal to what I just said. They're a hard sell being better than the 6th best team in the AL, let alone MLB. They're just in the right division.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2013, 08:15 PM   #162
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Glock
Oh man I love this!!! Appreciate the developers of MLB The Show even more because they ranked the Giants at #17. This just made my day!!!
Enjoy this moment, because when October roles around...you won't be so happy about it! Gotta love the Giants-Dodgers rivalry. I just wished MLB would set the Dodgers up for the Giant's first home series. Just so they could watch the ring ceremony and have to sit through all the hoopla.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:18 PM   #163
Rookie

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
I guess there is no reason they are favored to win the World Series according to Vegas either, right?

I mean I''m not saying that that is what i believe, but there is more than enough reason to believe they should be that high.
Vegas prediction means nothing to me. Although not perfect, my top 15 would look like this

1. Giants
2. Tigers
3. Yankees
4. Nationals
5. Angels
6. Cardinals
7. Reds
8. A's
9. Rangers
10. Blue Jays
11. Rays
12. Braves
13. Dodgers
14. Phillies
15. White sox

I am a red sox fan and did not even list them. Based on 2012 regular season performance, 2012 post season and off season moves, this imo is the way it should look.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:21 PM   #164
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisB
Plenty actually. None of those serve as a rebuttal to what I just said. They're a hard sell being better than the 6th best team in the AL, let alone MLB. They're just in the right division.
I agree on the division. Last years stats aren't representative of them with Martinez however.

You can put their lineup/pitching rotation against anyone in the league with (arguably) the best pitcher and hitter in the game. The Tigs are pretty easy to defend.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:21 PM   #165
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovesports
Vegas prediction means nothing to me. Although not perfect, my top 15 would look like this

1. Giants
2. Tigers
3. Yankees
4. Nationals
5. Angels
6. Cardinals
7. Reds
8. A's
9. Rangers
10. Blue Jays
11. Rays
12. Braves
13. Dodgers
14. Phillies
15. White sox

I am a red sox fan and did not even list them. Based on 2012 regular season performance, 2012 post season and off season moves, this imo is the way it should look.
I understand, it's all opinion, but you said there is no reason for them to be that high, but I'm just saying there is plenty reason for them to be that high, as evident by what many other believe.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2013, 08:22 PM   #166
MVP

sydrogerdavid's Arena

OVR: 27

I just love reading all these comments. Everybody's favorite team is ranked too low while all the other teams are ranked too high. Incredible.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:25 PM   #167
Rookie

OVR: 4
I have them 10th instead of 5th. Im not saying they suck...I'm just saying that they haven't done anything other than have a good off season. That doesn't always translate to wins. They still need to prove it on the field like the other teams have.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:27 PM   #168
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydrogerdavid
I just love reading all these comments. Everybody's favorite team is ranked too low while all the other teams are ranked too high. Incredible.
Hey man, in my case...it's true! No love whatsoever for the World Champs.

I feel like I just got married and my wife told me on our honeymoon that I was the 17th best she ever had in bed. But I thought I was the best!

*confidence shattered

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »