Home

MLB 13 The Show Player Ratings For Every Team

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Player Ratings For Every Team within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-25-2013, 05:50 PM   #73
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 13 The Show Player Ratings For Every Team

How can Chapman be a 99 at pitcher when he hasn't been a starter? He was a fantastic closer/relief pitcher last year, but not a starter.

Also, assuming the order is relative, which of those 99-rated pitchers had ERAs comparable to Kershaw the last two years?
Old 02-25-2013, 06:04 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 0
How does the league leader in saves (Jim Johnson) not get in the top 18 for closers overall? Not saying he should be top 5, but come on.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:05 PM   #75
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by tremperbball10
Why is Gallardo only an 85? Especially when Mark Rogers is an 87? and Estrada & Fiers are 84? Gallardo should be about 10 points better than any other Brewer pitcher besides Ax and both should be in the 88-92 range
I'm assuming Rogers is that high because for his career (albeit a very short one lol) he's struck out nearly 10 per 9, walked only 3 per 9, and has a .209 average against... The Show doesn't take minor league stats into consideration so they pretty much have to work with what's available, no matter how small the sample size...

Over the last three years Gallardo has worse rate stats than Rogers in the only pitching stats that matter in The Show - K/9, BB/9, H/9, HR/9. This is the flaw in the plug-and-chug method of entering stats, the program will only spit out what the data tells it to. This isn't a projection system, all of the ratings are based off of what already happened.

Sorry this turned into such a long-winded post, this turned out to be more for the people complaining about how certain players don't deserve higher ratings because they "have only done it for one year".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2013, 06:23 PM   #76
Rookie

Nooooovak's Arena

OVR: 2

So. Much. Complaining.

'Edit Player' is your friend, people. If you REALLY don't feel this person or that person should have a specific rating, then lower/raise them. The day will never come when a game releases rankings that everyone agrees with.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:01 PM   #77
Contributor

TheKnack's Arena

OVR: 6

These leak threads are always so demanded...

... and always so ridiculous.

Everyone needs to chill out.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:13 PM   #78
Rookie

big_tone91's Arena

OVR: 1
Dang the Cards are STACKED!!! Also to the cubs fan comparing Rizzo to Trout, that is hilarious totally just made my day..
Old 02-25-2013, 07:58 PM   #79
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallcoach
Yeah one year, there's no question any team would take trout over rizzo... Trout's value is easily 20 points better in terms of rating. And what does you buying a trout baseball for your kid have anything to do to prove your not a rizzo fan?
I never said they shouldn't take Trout over anyone. I said it is ridiculous to give a player a 99 rating after one year. Just because I used Rizzo as an example, does not make me a Cubs fan. I'm no more a Cubs fan than the Devs are Red Sox fans. Seriously though, the point I was making is that this whole 99 rating feels a little bias. But after reading this thread, I believe that if I wanted to look for an UNBIAS opinion, this is NOT THE PLACE TO LOOK.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:00 PM   #80
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

Kyle Seager seems to be underrated. He outperformed Ackley, who I like, most of the season, yet Ackley is rated 10+ points higher.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »