Home

MLB 13 The Show Player Ratings For Every Team

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Player Ratings For Every Team within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2013, 05:28 PM   #137
Rookie

3fiddy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 13 The Show Player Ratings For Every Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
What I posted above was Trout's numbers last year against righties. I also feel 72 versus righties for power is too low. I wonder what they gave Harper?
Harper has 78 power vs righties. 55 power vs lefties. Screen shot earlier in feb.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:30 PM   #138
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3fiddy
Harper has 78 power vs righties. 55 power vs lefties. Screen shot earlier in feb.
I thought that would be the case. Why should Harper have a higher power rating against righties when Trout has higher SLG and OPS against righties for 2012???
Old 02-26-2013, 06:17 PM   #139
Rookie

pirates1fan's Arena

OVR: 2

You know I have always kind of felt that the number rating thing is a little stupid, but I don't really have any problem with it. What I don't get is why people get so into it. If you think you can make the rating better, than just go and edit. I sure plan on doing that.

For example, John Lackey, who did not pitch last year and the year before that had an ERA 6.00+, is rated 80. A-Rod, 88. Felix Doubrant had a ERA just below 5.00, and has never done any better than that, 82.

I am not saying I am going to make Lackey, A-Rod, and Doubrant horrible, but I just don't think they deserve to be that high. So, quite simply, you don't like it, just change it yourself.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:30 PM   #140
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
That's how I see it as well. Are we in the minority? I don't care if pitcher gets them out via ground balls or strikeouts, an out is an out and a run is a run.
Strikeouts are more reliable and a better indication of consistency found in a pitcher. Groundouts are nice too, but a strikeout is always an out. Groundball and Flyball pitchers rely on some "luck".

Cain and Weaver also pitched in pitcher's parks more often than Darvish did. They are all 3 great pitchers with different assets. Lets just leave it at that...
Old 02-26-2013, 06:41 PM   #141
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalbird7
Strikeouts are more reliable and a better indication of consistency found in a pitcher. Groundouts are nice too, but a strikeout is always an out. Groundball and Flyball pitchers rely on some "luck".

Cain and Weaver also pitched in pitcher's parks more often than Darvish did. They are all 3 great pitchers with different assets. Lets just leave it at that...
To me it's all about giving up runs. I don't care if pitcher has only 5 Ks and gets a shutout, which to me is better than 20 Ks and giving up five runs. I go with ERAs and Whip and Ks are just a bonus. There have been strikeout pitchers that had both Ks and good ERAs, such as Koufax and Gibson, and I would take either of those against Darvish.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2013, 08:03 PM   #142
Pro

slickkill77's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
No...you cannot unfortunately.

M.K.
Knight165

I thought you guys said during CD that it was an option. Was it taken out or am I just mistaken?
Old 02-26-2013, 08:06 PM   #143
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickkill77
I thought you guys said during CD that it was an option. Was it taken out or am I just mistaken?
We asked for an option to toggle it off, but it was never an option.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:06 PM   #144
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickkill77
It definitely wasn't any of us at CD who said that.

M.K.
Knight165

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »