Home

Pre-Order MLB 13 The Show From PSN Store & Download at 12:01 AM EST, March 5th

This is a discussion on Pre-Order MLB 13 The Show From PSN Store & Download at 12:01 AM EST, March 5th within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2013, 10:43 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Pre-Order MLB 13 The Show From PSN Store & Download at 12:01 AM EST, March 5th

MLB 13 The Show is a "Day 1 Digital" game, which means if you pre-order from the PS Store, you can start downloading a digital copy of the game at 12:01 AM EST on March 5th.

As a bonus, if you pre-order from the PS Store you will receive an exclusive theme for your PS3 XMB menu screen and an extra 120 million for your Franchise budget.

At the moment, we only see the MLB 13 The Show Day 1 Digital pre-order available for the PS3, nothing on the PS Vita.
Platform: PS Vita / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2013, 10:55 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Please explain this day 1 digital, may I download the game on my HD and play it as many times as I want without ever possessing the physical disc? What happens for example if my hard disk breaks, do I have to buy it again?
Old 02-27-2013, 10:58 AM   #3
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Pre-Order MLB 13 The Show From PSN Store & Download at 12:01 AM EST, March 5th

Anyone know if the load times would be a lot faster since the PS3 would not be reading the data off the disc?

Also is this download version 100% the exact same as the disc version?

I am really thinking about canceling my Amazon pre order and just downloading it from the PS Store
Old 02-27-2013, 10:59 AM   #4
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Pre-Order MLB 13 The Show From PSN Store & Download at 12:01 AM EST, March 5th

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonannogiovanni
Please explain this day 1 digital, may I download the game on my HD and play it as many times as I want without ever possessing the physical disc? What happens for example if my hard disk breaks, do I have to buy it again?
I am pretty sure you would just need to log in to your account again and re download it.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:00 AM   #5
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonannogiovanni
Yes. It's basically having the game on your hard drive without actually needing a disc. A lot of people prefer this method because you don't have to switch discs to play another game. If your hard drive breaks, the game can be re downloaded from your history in account management.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2013, 11:03 AM   #6
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

I was going to go this route, however, the gamestop pre-order comes with 1200 RttS points. This pre-order comes with something I would never use as I don't play franchise.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:03 AM   #7
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

I've tried this with NBA 2k13 and it wasn't available at 12:01am. I like downloading games but I think I'll just wake up and grab it from the store.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:04 AM   #8
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
I've tried this with NBA 2k13 and it wasn't available at 12:01am. I like downloading games but I think I'll just wake up and grab it from the store.
Im thinking this will be different considering its a Sony Exclusive

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »