Home

MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2013, 06:28 AM   #353
Just started!

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalbird7
If team chemistry is such a big deal then why do teams get a whole new roster every 2-3 years? Wouldn't they rather keep their players to have that "team chemistry"? Sorry, I don't believe in team chemistry in baseball as much as I do in basketball or football. I think you can put the best teams together and they'll dominate right away, unlike in basketball or even football. The only player that needs to have good team chemistry is the catcher really. But if you put a team together of 9 superstars in baseball they'll dominate. If you put together a team of a HOF PG, best center in the league, one of the best players ever, and a top 10 PF they might not even make the playoffs.

I know it sounds good putting cliches and feel good stories in your beliefs, but that doesn't mean they are always true.

Giants were a good team that made the playoffs and played well when it mattered. I don't see any magic there. Jesus wasn't walking on water or anything last October.
So this is your logic for 2010 and 2012, where they had the same dominant pitching staff, and won the world series? Give me a break. The Giants pitching staff which has stayed pretty much the same since 2010, won them the world series (with some timely hitting of course). Never discount the value of playing together as a team in any sport.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:15 AM   #354
Rookie

D0GGERT D0G's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense

I just don't quite understand how the Rockies are 13th when they were the 3rd worst team in baseball last year
Old 02-27-2013, 10:01 AM   #355
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROABS
Wow the redsox are rated #3 thats a surprise . Being a sox fan i find that a little high.
I thought the same thing. With a productive offseason I thought we look better than we did last year, but still there are too many question marks to have us ranked so high. I realize the ranking is probably the potential for what we have, fast guys or power guys that CAN produce but in reality fall flat sometimes.

They should make all players on the sox injury prone on the game, because we all know thats how it is in real life .
I have a feeling that John Ferrell will make a difference on the pitching staff and that the new strategy of building team chemistry will work out moreso than having a team of big headed superstars.

At least I don't have to make big moves to ensure my red sox will be contenders in the Franchise mode! haha
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2013, 12:43 PM   #356
Rookie

catswithbats's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maizeandbluekid
Hmm. With the starting rotation that the Tigers have, why are they 13th in Team Pitching? I know there's questions on the back end of the bullpen, but when you have studs like Verlander, Fister, Scherzer, and Sanchez, I think it balances that out. More than that, I think.
I'm guessing MLB the Show doesn't think too highly of the Tigers' bullpen and its rookie closer then.

ETA

Apparently the Show has Phil Coke as closer. Huh.

Last edited by catswithbats; 02-27-2013 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Closers
Old 02-27-2013, 02:46 PM   #357
Rookie

foreverasnake's Arena

This is ridiculous, The World Champions 17th, and the team voted most likely to win the world series is 5th, and Marlins are better than Jays on defense?? Somebody clearly has no idea what theyre doing
Old 02-27-2013, 04:03 PM   #358
MVP

Metsfan31's Arena

OVR: 5
My Mets 28th? Wow they really are expecting no production this year.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:03 PM   #359
MVP

Metsfan31's Arena

The Blue Jays should be a little better than that!
Old 02-27-2013, 04:05 PM   #360
MVP

Metsfan31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by metsfan31
The Blue Jays should be a little better than that!
I'd switch the Blue Jays and Red Sox.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »