Home

MLB 13 The Show Player Ratings For Every Team

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Player Ratings For Every Team within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2013, 01:30 PM   #161
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 13 The Show Player Ratings For Every Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3fiddy
I THINK its too early to tell for these guys. When it's said and done this year i THINK Harpers homers will travel further vs rhp than trouts. Idk trouts swing well but they can't be letting him swing like harper in the lead off spot. I guess I just looking for the feel of the game not just relying on slugging percentage alone.
Hmmm....I guess that explains it...I think. Eh, what the heck, slugging percentage and homers are real, but more important is the feeling, what you feel or think will happen. Ah, now I get it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2013, 04:14 PM   #162
Pro

HadlerT's Arena

OVR: 25

Good to see Felix and Morales get some love. Also was really surprised by Tom Wilhelmsen getting >90. Also surprised Kyle Seager doesn't have more than a 85.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:22 PM   #163
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

What defines power in this game? Slg, ISOP, HR's, average distance traveled? Someone that had 30 HR's while missing the first month I would think would have, at least, 80+ power.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:32 PM   #164
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

Mike Trout is the closest looking to Mickey Mantle as I have ever seen...I'm talkin' 5 tool player. Until there's a decline in ANY of his arsenals, he deserves the 99 rating imo.

I'm a HUGE Reds fan, & Chapman won't last as a starter & he'll be back as the closer to where he deserves the 99 rating.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:44 PM   #165
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalbird7
What defines power in this game? Slg, ISOP, HR's, average distance traveled? Someone that had 30 HR's while missing the first month I would think would have, at least, 80+ power.
Absolutely! They have Harper with 78 for power against RHP while Trout (72) has both SLG and OPS higher against RHP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown
Mike Trout is the closest looking to Mickey Mantle as I have ever seen...I'm talkin' 5 tool player. Until there's a decline in ANY of his arsenals, he deserves the 99 rating imo.

I'm a HUGE Reds fan, & Chapman won't last as a starter & he'll be back as the closer to where he deserves the 99 rating.
If they don't correct Chapman's rating as a Starter, I will make him a closer with appropriate stamina and keep his 99, although I'm not certain he should be a 99. Kimbrel has done it for more than one year, I mean exceptional years, and Chapman has not. In addition, Chapman has to be the only 5th starter rated 99/full bar in the history of this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2013, 10:19 PM   #166
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

Does anyone know if Matt Carpenter has a secondary position for 2b? He is going to be playing there this year and is already doing so in spring training.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:42 PM   #167
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalbird7
Does anyone know if Matt Carpenter has a secondary position for 2b? He is going to be playing there this year and is already doing so in spring training.
As a Cardinal fan myself I'm interested in the rest of their 40 man roster. Especially Shelby Miller, Joe Kelly and Matt Adams
Old 02-28-2013, 10:53 AM   #168
Rookie

3fiddy's Arena

OVR: 0

[quote=Cavicchi;2044753683]Absolutely! They have Harper with 78 for power against RHP while Trout (72) has both SLG and OPS higher against RHP.

This is jus for arguments sake. I think both are fantastic players. This is more to bunk slugging percentage. First thing that popped in my head was how many singles did he turn to doubles. Or triples. Hope this isn't too off base ..

Mike Trouts slash line 2012. 559 abs. 117 singles. 27 doubles. 8 triples. 30 homers.
Now I'll give my line IF BIG IF HERE Trout didn't have BLAZING speed. And enter that into the slugging calculator.

Trout 559 abs. 115singles. 25 doubles. 1 triple. 30 homers. Slugging comes to ab .513 The likes of Ian Desmond , Jason Kubel , Cory hart , Adam laroche. All of which seem like 70s power. 70s power seemed like so much more with just the bar. We just arguing cents here too

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »