Home

MLB The Show 13 Gameplay Video - Atlanta Braves vs. Washington Nationals (Postseason)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 13 Gameplay Video - Atlanta Braves vs. Washington Nationals (Postseason) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2013, 06:13 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: MLB 13 The Show gameplay video

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonadom
They don't manage it ( This generation of consoles is not capable of having AI commentators with emotional behavior like they're watching a real game. ), but if you think they do, then alright.
this... And usually the HR call is random... Sometimes I get lots of expression, sometimes none....
Old 02-27-2013, 06:13 PM   #10
Pro

sandmac's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonadom
You guys with your commentary gripes.. I mean.. The system resources are limited. The software technology ( coding ) for such a thing is limited. What do you expect ?

This generation of consoles is not capable of having AI commentators with emotional behavior like they're watching a real game.
C'mon it's not just dead, it's literally like there is noone in the booth. Or the guys that are there are all on their cellphones, or eating or just not interested. It's horrible.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:14 PM   #11
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
I don't have an issue with the commentary at all...I sounds real and authentic..I mean really, go listen to a real broadest, sounds dead almost all the time until someone makes a big play anyway..

This isn't football or basketball.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2013, 06:15 PM   #12
Rookie

JustinVerlander35's Arena

OVR: 3

I love the gameplay and I think it looks outstanding. But I'm not seeing to much of a difference from a regular game and the Postseason mode. This mode was hyped up to be like something we had never witnessed in a MLB The Show game. Besides a few new camera angles, I can't really tell the difference with the new mode.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:18 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 46
Re: MLB The Show 13 Gameplay Video - Atlanda Braves vs. Washington Nationals (Postsea

Chris, Steve.. thanks.

a plus and a minus.

+ the new osd style is out of this world. sooo much more professional looking. i hope to see a bunch in franchise.

- thats playoff announcing? theres like 30 second bits of time without Lyons or Karros saying anything. and matty v's call on bryces homer? might as well have been a billy butler homer in may.

Might be time to put the commentary engine [?] out to pasture, and start over like madden 13

Last edited by econoodle; 02-27-2013 at 06:20 PM.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:19 PM   #14
MVP

crains13's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandmac
C'mon it's not just dead, it's literally like there is noone in the booth. Or the guys that are there are all on their cellphones, or eating or just not interested. It's horrible.
You could always get the "other game" if that suits you. Some baseball games are like that, there isn't someone talking every second of the broadcast.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:19 PM   #15
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by etched Chaos
If the other game can manage it, then you have to expect people to expect the same from The Show.
What the other game has is Thorn. His voice is masterful. Its like "hey, listen to me"! Whether hockey or baseball his voice exhilarates excitement. Kruk and Phillips I could care less about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportdan30
I've been saying this year in and year out. The game looks tremendous and continues to make advancements, except in the broadcast. It's flat out boring sounding and time for Matt V to go....please!!!!! The broadcast continues to hold this game back from near perfection.
Yes its time. Hopefully SCEA will bring in Thorn.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2013, 06:19 PM   #16
Rookie

wozamil's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: MLB The Show 13 Gameplay Video - Atlanda Braves vs. Washington Nationals (Postsea

The commentary is a little lacking, but I play my games with a much quicker flow and cut out all that extra stuff and when you do that, the commentary flows much better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »