Home

MLB The Show 13 Gameplay Video - Atlanta Braves vs. Washington Nationals (Postseason)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 13 Gameplay Video - Atlanta Braves vs. Washington Nationals (Postseason) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2013, 06:22 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: MLB 13 The Show gameplay video

Yeah, I have never griped about The Show because it is always amazing, but the commentary is still a bore. Too much dead time between pitches. They brought in Lyons, but you still only hear him maybe once per inning. A homerun in the first inning of a playoff game and Matt treats it like a homerun during BP.

Madden 24: Follow my Vikes 'chise here!

Get off your knees blue, you're blowing the game!!
Old 02-27-2013, 06:23 PM   #18
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: MLB The Show 13 Gameplay Video - Atlanda Braves vs. Washington Nationals (Postsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by wozamil
The commentary is a little lacking, but I play my games with a much quicker flow and cut out all that extra stuff and when you do that, the commentary flows much better.
That's what I do as well, I just skip the scenes of players standing around since that's usually when the silence occurs.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:25 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonadom
You guys with your commentary gripes.. I mean.. The system resources are limited. The software technology ( coding ) for such a thing is limited. What do you expect ?

This generation of consoles is not capable of having AI commentators with emotional behavior like they're watching a real game

NBA2k says, wassuuuuuuuuuuuppp!

But be honest, 1 inning of gameplay or not, that was underwhelming as far as commentary.

Crowd sounds on the other hand were nice.
I can imagine during a rally, and your on the mound, the noise sounds like it can rattle the hell out of you.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:27 PM   #20
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
NBA2k says, wassuuuuuuuuuuuppp!
But even NBA2kX gets repetative. I understand that people want better commentary, I do too. However, we a)aren't going to see that in this generation, and b) are still going to be limited as there isn't constant action on the field. A lot of storytelling goes on during nine inning games that last 162 days out of the season.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:28 PM   #21
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: MLB The Show 13 Gameplay Video - Atlanda Braves vs. Washington Nationals (Postsea

I'm fine with the commentary in The Show 12 and IF I get 13 I'll live with it again, BUT...

...for anyone to think its a limit of the console I submit to you 2k5 and APF. Doesnt get better than those, and one of them was for an inferior console.

edit:I just realized I compared commentary from 2 football games to a baseball game. I don't know if its harder to implement good commentary in a baseball game

Last edited by slthree; 02-27-2013 at 07:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2013, 06:29 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 7

anyway, usually the HR calls have more expression later in the game (in a close game or a walkoff) Seems when i hit it then, it has emotion, since not every HR needs exuberant emotin... Right?
Old 02-27-2013, 06:34 PM   #23
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

Well I definitely love having Matt V. call the game. For PS4 I would like to see them go after this.

NBA 2k does a really outstanding job with their commentary. MLB 2k really sounds great as well. Those are two fantastic examples to learn from.

Yes, the gameplay of the Show is unmatched!!! I love what they have always done and I will continue to support the developers as they are the best in the business. When the PS4 rolls around, I hope to see the commentary get a complete overhaul and the addition of finally adding rain delays, cancellations, double-headers, stadium roofs closing based on this........ALL AS AN OPTION.

Overall even this video has me excited for this year! They are trying folks and I agree I am sure system limitations and time are playing a factor. They took care of priority #1 and that is GAMEPLAY, GRAPHICS, OPTIONS, REALISM. Every year they improve and I'm sure we can't say that about other development teams out there.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:34 PM   #24
Banned

GamingLegendOS's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonadom
You guys with your commentary gripes.. I mean.. The system resources are limited. The software technology ( coding ) for such a thing is limited. What do you expect ?

This generation of consoles is not capable of having AI commentators with emotional behavior like they're watching a real game.
Did not take long for the excuses to come in.....Yea dead air all over the place is due to the resources...Comical

The commentary is flat out terrible...How can 2K basketball have emotion and a million times better commentary. A huge dunk or 3 the announcers go crazy. In the Show is like a foul ball during spring training.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »