Home

MLB The Show 13 Gameplay Video - Atlanta Braves vs. Washington Nationals (Postseason)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 13 Gameplay Video - Atlanta Braves vs. Washington Nationals (Postseason) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2013, 11:26 PM   #113
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: MLB The Show 13 Gameplay Video - Atlanta Braves vs. Washington Nationals (Postsea

Wow this thread degenerated into conspiracy theories quickly, I mean I'm no SCEA Brown noser but c'mon...
Old 02-27-2013, 11:34 PM   #114
MVP

dran1984's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB The Show 13 Gameplay Video - Atlanta Braves vs. Washington Nationals (Postsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgoi
I only saw one person mention this, but do you think maybe no demo or gameplay videos this year because they knew the progression slowed down, essentially making it Show 12 with updated rosters? The video, aside from the commentary, didn't amaze me at all.

Where have u been for the past 2 or 3 months?? Did you read the fact sheet or watch the videos from the devs???
Old 02-27-2013, 11:37 PM   #115
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
Where have u been for the past 2 or 3 months?? Did you read the fact sheet or watch the videos from the devs???
Its understandable though that to some the game would look like a roster update. The gameplay has not been redone, it does look very similar. Its the little things that were changed and they are noticed by a lot of people. But at a broad look I can see where people are coming from. If you look more closely as you are suggesting its easy to see improvements, especially on such a short development cycle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2013, 11:38 PM   #116
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
Its understandable though that to some the game would look like a roster update. The gameplay has not been redone, it does look very similar. Its the little things that were changed and they are noticed by a lot of people. But at a broad look I can see where people are coming from.
Why in the WORLD would they re-do the gameplay?
Seriously.

...and to ignore everything else and imply it's "a roster update"....well I'd like to not violate T.O.S. ...so I'll leave it up to your imaginations

M.K.
Knight165
Old 02-27-2013, 11:41 PM   #117
MVP

dran1984's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
Its understandable though that to some the game would look like a roster update. The gameplay has not been redone, it does look very similar. Its the little things that were changed and they are noticed by a lot of people. But at a broad look I can see where people are coming from. If you look more closely as you are suggesting its easy to see improvements, especially on such a short development cycle.

The graphics have improved for sure...but alot of the work has been put into the show live, revamped franschise, rtts, and other modes. We can't expect the look of the game to improve dramatically every year. That's not a realistic expectation.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:41 PM   #118
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36

I wonder how hard it would be to implement about 5 or 6 emotional reactions on random scoring plays in certain situations? I mean, scoring plays that take the lead after the 7th ining!

Com'on, I can think of 6 lines I would remove and replace right now.

Lead off homers for any ining!!! How often would that happen? I would like to see Matt V just go nuts after a big play.

Games still looks amazing though.

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions
Old 02-27-2013, 11:42 PM   #119
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Why in the WORLD would they re-do the gameplay?
Seriously.

...and to ignore everything else and imply it's "a roster update"....well I'd like to not violate T.O.S. ...so I'll leave it up to your imaginations

M.K.
Knight165
Exactly, why would they. I think that people making these posts are just expecting too much. But you have to look at it from their perspective instead of just saying they're crazy. There are a lot of non-OS consumers out there and to some that's what it might look like. If you look at non-sports specific game media its a big complaint of sports games because they don't look as deep as we do.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:44 PM   #120
Pro

ralphieboy11's Arena

OVR: 4

I've always thought the commentary was rather good, but I got into the Show a little late. I guess I can understand why it has become a little stale for those that have been playing for many years.

Regarding the rest, you are not going to pick up on everything that's been done by watching an inning of cpu vs. cpu anyway.

Did anyone notice how Zimmerman reacted on the ground ball from Freeman? He took his time and wasn't so quick to react. I liked that much better! In '12 he would have thrown him out when he was halfway down the line.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »