Home

MLB The Show 13 Gameplay Video - Atlanta Braves vs. Washington Nationals (Postseason)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 13 Gameplay Video - Atlanta Braves vs. Washington Nationals (Postseason) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2013, 11:48 PM   #121
Rookie

leinhart_6's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 13 Gameplay Video - Atlanta Braves vs. Washington Nationals (Postsea

Was very excited to see some new gameplay and the presentation was looking pretty good. However commentary is still dull as ever.. Where are these extended conversations they were talking about with Steve Lyons?

All in all I'm still excited for this game, but commentary is definitely a big let down...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2013, 11:49 PM   #122
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: MLB The Show 13 Gameplay Video - Atlanta Braves vs. Washington Nationals (Postsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
Exactly, why would they. I think that people making these posts are just expecting too much. But you have to look at it from their perspective instead of just saying they're crazy. There are a lot of non-OS consumers out there and to some that's what it might look like. If you look at non-sports specific game media its a big complaint of sports games because they don't look as deep as we do.
I bet the vast majority of these people wouldn't even bother looking at a gameplay video shot like this, posted on a web site like this. People who hang around here are mostly repeaters, who should know a bit better.....

Like, you watch MLB games this year and say, "well, the sport hasn't gotten any better compared to last year..... looks pretty similar to me. what has Bud Selig been doing?? Baseball has been a mere roster update the past few years...."

What can they do about it.....
Old 02-27-2013, 11:50 PM   #123
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: MLB 13 The Show gameplay video

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonadom
They don't manage it ( This generation of consoles is not capable of having AI commentators with emotional behavior like they're watching a real game. ), but if you think they do, then alright.
Please. NBA 2k13 has fantastic commentary. As hard as it may be for some people to admit, the MLB 2k series has great commentary as well. Commentary in The Show has always been it's huge flaw. I agree, the commentary is flat and boring.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:53 PM   #124
MVP

bp4baseball's Arena

OVR: 43

I don't personally have much of a problem with the commentary, but I'd like to see more of the emotion that Vasgersian has...This has been posted before but is a great example:

Last edited by bp4baseball; 02-27-2013 at 11:56 PM.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:54 PM   #125
MVP

dran1984's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic
Please. NBA 2k13 has fantastic commentary. As hard as it may be for some people to admit, the MLB 2k series has great commentary as well. Commentary in The Show has always been it's huge flaw. I agree, the commentary is flat and boring.
Yea...the first few games. After that you hear the same story or covo every damn game. I agree on The Show being dull...but 2k while its good still gets annoying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2013, 11:55 PM   #126
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
Yea...the first few games. After that you hear the same story or covo every damn game.
I've heard the same commentary for 6 years on this game. At least with NBA 2k they relate to your active franchise mode you're playing, and show emotion.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:56 PM   #127
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
Yea...the first few games. After that you hear the same story or covo every damn game.
He does have a point.
....ALL games get repetitive.....for me...to the point of just hearing the stadium sounds and announcer after about 20 games.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 02-27-2013, 11:57 PM   #128
Rookie

Arod2k9's Arena

OVR: 7
I'm stunned at the negativity this video has created, the great thing about MLB The Show is that they keep what works and improve on it. Take a look at player models in '09 and compare them to '13. Compare ball physics, lighting, stadiums, atmosphere, and see how much is has improved every single year. This game is light years ahead of any sports game. I think this game nails it in every single facet, and again they don't re-invent the wheel or add modes or take out things they keep what works and that by itself is perfect for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »