Home

MLB The Show 13 Gameplay Video - Atlanta Braves vs. Washington Nationals (Postseason)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 13 Gameplay Video - Atlanta Braves vs. Washington Nationals (Postseason) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2013, 11:57 PM   #129
MVP

videobastard's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: MLB The Show 13 Gameplay Video - Atlanta Braves vs. Washington Nationals (Postsea

Im hoping the next gen mlb the show games get drastically better commentary and crowd sounds. When it comes to these sports games im a immersion whore. This series is just too good to not have a complete overall package soon.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:58 PM   #130
MVP

dran1984's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB The Show 13 Gameplay Video - Atlanta Braves vs. Washington Nationals (Postsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp4baseball
I don't personally have much of a problem with the commentary, but I'd like to see more of the emotion that Vasgersian has...This has been posted before but is a great example of his emotion:

Matt V. gets a bad rap because of his commentary in The Show. When he records his lines they sound like he just reads them off of the paper instead of sounding like he is watching a game.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:00 AM   #131
Rookie

eaw913's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 13 The Show gameplay video

Hearing Vasgersian's real-life commentary got me excited for baseball. I wish that excitement was carried over into the game. I have never even heard him get that loud... insane!

Anyway, still love the game. Very excited for Tuesday
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2013, 12:01 AM   #132
MVP

dran1984's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic
I've heard the same commentary for 6 years on this game. At least with NBA 2k they relate to your active franchise mode you're playing, and show emotion.
Don't get me wrong..I get annoyed with The Shows commentary too. I was just saying that all games get that way. I would love if they had franchise relative commentary in The Show.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:02 AM   #133
Rookie

Arod2k9's Arena

OVR: 7
This is what Russell has been saying for years and I'm glad to have a development team that cares for its community and fan base. Its baseball people, we are adults here. I wouldn't want to be playing the Show at 8am Saturday morning and commentators screaming their lungs out. I like the beauty in this game and I hope this simplicity continues for a long long time!
Old 02-28-2013, 12:03 AM   #134
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
He does have a point.
....ALL games get repetitive.....for me...to the point of just hearing the stadium sounds and announcer after about 20 games.

M.K.
Knight165
Repetitiveness is inevitable on this current gen, I know that. The only reason I would put NBA above The Show is because it's amusing at times, they actually say things that are intriguing, they show emotion when it's expected. As for MLB 2k's commentary, I never really found it repetitive, although I didn't play the game since the current systems came out. If you compare MLB The Show, MLB 2k, NBA 2k, Madden, NCAA Football, NHL, and FIFA, The Show is near the bottom of that list in terms of commentary. Other aspects, it's arguably the top game every year.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:03 AM   #135
Pro

ARoid1313's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by crains13
It was one inning of a game, one home-run. There are more than 1 home run animation and more than 3 or 4 cutscenes (however many were in that video). Wait until you play the game before talking about how "disappointing" it is.
first impressions go a long way sir
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2013, 12:05 AM   #136
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
Don't get me wrong..I get annoyed with The Shows commentary too. I was just saying that all games get that way. I would love if they had franchise relative commentary in The Show.
They do, but last year I was already sick of the commentary by day 3 or 4. I just feel like it's been the same base for 7 years, and they add a couple random lines and openers each year. Oh well, hopefully by next year the new system will improve these very small aspects of the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »