Home

MLB The Show 13 Gameplay Video - Atlanta Braves vs. Washington Nationals (Postseason)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 13 Gameplay Video - Atlanta Braves vs. Washington Nationals (Postseason) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-28-2013, 12:22 AM   #145
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: MLB The Show 13 Gameplay Video - Atlanta Braves vs. Washington Nationals (Postsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgoi
That's probably a good idea because if you didn't. . . well, I'll leave that up to your imagination.
Yeah..okay.

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2013, 12:23 AM   #146
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: MLB The Show 13 Gameplay Video - Atlanta Braves vs. Washington Nationals (Postsea

Here's my thing with commentary. People who expect real life commentary are never going to be satisfied with any commentary in a video game. The problem, there is a finite number of lines you can put into a game due to limits on memory and such, however, in real life, you have an infinite number of things you can say. For example, let's say that everyone on you team gets a hit in the first inning, how do you expect the Show to have 9 different variations of "------ hits a single"? You can't because you don't have the room. Also, Bryce Harper getting his 8th homerun of the season is a lot less exciting than a walkoff in the bottom of the ninth, so how can you record different excitement levels for the same line, this takes space and maybe the PS4 will allow more of this, but I still wouldn't get my hopes up. As a human I have millions of words that I can arrange to make a sentence, but in the Show they record sentences and have to fit them into what happens on the game. Until they can just have a list of words and combine them in any combination, it will not change. They can do this now, but then it would sound very robotic......think Steven Hawking!!

I am just happy that the gameplay improves every year and that I can shut off the commentary and just listen to the ballpark sounds.

As a side note, I find it really funny that people complain about the lousy commentary and yet when word came that RTTS was dropping some commentary for a better "on the filed experience" the same people were like...."Oh noes, what about the commentary????"
Old 02-28-2013, 12:25 AM   #147
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Yeah..okay.

M.K.
Knight165
Deep breath MK...lol
Old 02-28-2013, 12:27 AM   #148
Rookie

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
The graphics have improved for sure...but alot of the work has been put into the show live, revamped franschise, rtts, and other modes. We can't expect the look of the game to improve dramatically every year. That's not a realistic expectation.
Player models are exactly the same. In fact, for fun I played MLB 10 the show last night and realized that the player models have barely changed in 3 years. I bet you couldnt tell which year I was playing if I posted a video. But that's neither here or there. The game is great but the commentary is weak. There is no need to defend it...its just plain and boring. Im still buying it though
Old 02-28-2013, 12:27 AM   #149
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: MLB 13 The Show gameplay video

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
Its understandable though that to some the game would look like a roster update. The gameplay has not been redone, it does look very similar. Its the little things that were changed and they are noticed by a lot of people. But at a broad look I can see where people are coming from. If you look more closely as you are suggesting its easy to see improvements, especially on such a short development cycle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARoid1313
game looks exactly the same
you both cant REALLY think this is just a roster update? HAve you seen all the ****ing blogs explaining what was updated or changed?
Old 02-28-2013, 12:28 AM   #150
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic
Deep breath MK...lol
It's difficult.
I'm laughing too hard.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 02-28-2013, 12:30 AM   #151
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
It's difficult.
I'm laughing too hard.

M.K.
Knight165
I must be missing something if you're laughing...

It's late...haha
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2013, 12:30 AM   #152
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by crains13
It was one inning of a game, one home-run. There are more than 1 home run animation and more than 3 or 4 cutscenes (however many were in that video). Wait until you play the game before talking about how "disappointing" it is.
exactly...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »