Home

MLB The Show 13 Gameplay Video - Atlanta Braves vs. Washington Nationals (Postseason)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 13 Gameplay Video - Atlanta Braves vs. Washington Nationals (Postseason) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-28-2013, 11:35 AM   #217
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: MLB The Show 13 Gameplay Video - Atlanta Braves vs. Washington Nationals (Postsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
Ok cool, so i guess you never minded when a game botches the pronunciation of a players name?

Re: stuttering.

I have never experienced stuttering in the Show before, outside of a used ps3 I bought at GStop that had a custom HD in it. I swapped that out for a different ps3 and it went away.

In any event, SCEA will look into it i am sure. First day patch maybe if they read this thread and then see it for themselves?

This is one good reason in favor of demos for sports games. Glitches and what not can be found early and then fixed based on feedback.
SCEA should put Kiner in and add a gameplay option to toggle "commentator variability/inaccuracy" as we can do for umpires....
Old 02-28-2013, 11:45 AM   #218
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 13 Gameplay Video - Atlanta Braves vs. Washington Nationals (Postsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJT
Watched at 848 and WOW ball freezes for a second
Noticed this as well. This isn't good. Someone from MLB's development team needs to look into this.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:49 AM   #219
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyNow
Noticed this as well. This isn't good. Someone from MLB's development team needs to look into this.
for those curious

http://youtu.be/GQrqOMQU88M?t=8m47s
Old 02-28-2013, 11:56 AM   #220
Rookie

Steven Strasburg in a playoff game? This game is already unrealistic,
Old 02-28-2013, 12:08 PM   #221
Rookie

I didn't think Strasburg pitched in the playoffs...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2013, 12:14 PM   #222
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerdujour
I didn't think Strasburg pitched in the playoffs...
posted my comment without reading the other pages...what are the odds that I followed Deetrain's comment about Strasburg?...feel like a comic at the Improv rolling out the exact routine as the prior comedian...
Old 02-28-2013, 12:15 PM   #223
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballforever
I don't have an issue with the commentary at all...I sounds real and authentic..I mean really, go listen to a real broadest, sounds dead almost all the time until someone makes a big play anyway..

This isn't football or basketball.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
I thought he was horrible when he did the commentary for this series. Talk about boring! As far as the commentary we all know it needs a new direction and approach. It's not the best but it also is not the worst. It is actually pretty deep in content but falls short on approach and style. SCEA is aware of what people are looking for but I would not expect the transformation to happen on the turn of a dime.

As far as the stutter hang ups, I saw a few of them in that vid. Curious if he did the min or max install. Also, before anyone asks we don't play the game off a disk so we would not pick that up at CD.
nemesis, I did not suggest Scully for this game! The post I quoted and repled to above talks about real broadcasts, and dead air. Well, Vin Scully doesn't leave dead air--and he is a HOF announcer whether you like him or not. Now, the other baseball game has a more dynamic team in the booth and presents quite a contrast to what this game offers.

As for who should be in this game, if you don't like Scully, how can you like Matt? I mean, Matt's voice is pretty much devoid of emotion. Listen to Yankee broadcasts and listen to The Show. The point is, unlike what the poster above suggests, real baseball has exciting broadcasts and/or broadcasts without lots of dead air.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:32 PM   #224
MVP

myghty's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
Its the video upload. You can tell because the background shade is constantly changing & it freezes along with video... People should do research before calling out Devs to look into non existing problems. Haha

PS5/PSN: myghty

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »