Home

Some MLB 2K13 Ratings Revealed, Along with a Few Shaky-Cam Videos and Impressions

This is a discussion on Some MLB 2K13 Ratings Revealed, Along with a Few Shaky-Cam Videos and Impressions within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-28-2013, 12:37 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Some MLB 2K13 Ratings Revealed, Along with a Few Shaky-Cam Videos and Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaxseed Oil
I'm going to go out there at lunch again today to try and snap some video/images.
Hey flaxseed,

When u go check the game out, please note if the outfielders that isn't in the primary path of the ball is still jogging and lacking effort getting there. Which causes doubles and triples in the gap. Also if u heading home on a play from third, see if there is that pause glitch that the fielders do that causes runs and inside the park home runs sometimes. Trying too see if the CPU has urgency when throwing home and getting the ball to the cutoff man. I see they got some colors right, but this is a primary concern for me...thanks!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2013, 12:54 PM   #26
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Some MLB 2K13 Ratings Revealed, Along with a Few Shaky-Cam Videos and Impressions

Joe, can you check your swing in 2K8?

I'm not sure what I'm going to do at this point with 2K baseball. I'd like to get 2K13 for the updated schedule, uniform colors and rosters, but then the guys on the boards here have done great things with 2K12; the gameplay videos that have been posted look like a completely different game, and that is impressive.

Are there plans to make those edits for 2K13?
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 02-28-2013, 12:58 PM   #27
Rookie

jmount78's Arena

OVR: 3

Just played 20 minutes. Home teams were the Braves, Pirates and Indians. Turner Field doesn't have the This Is Braves Country. Julio Tehearn pitched and he looked good. Never announced his name. No Justin Upton and had Prado. Could have sworn I heard the Tomahawk music after one strike 3. Announcers brought up fan delay in playoffs. Played against the A's and they looked good. Cepedes? names was never announced but brought up A's winning division.

Indains had Swisher and Astros had new design and talked about how terrible their road record was. Indians also had Myers pitching.

Pirates stadium of PNC Park looked great. The city bakckground looked excellent.

Camera shots of last out on strike 3 were very sharp, and fielding was smoother. Pitching seemed a little more difficult but more enjoyable. Pitcher did walk to his own dugout after 3rd out instead of starting towards visitor clubhouse.

If I play again, will give updates.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:08 PM   #28
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

OVR: 12

[quote=DJ;2044756419]Joe, can you check your swing in 2K8?

I'm not sure what I'm going to do at this point with 2K baseball. I'd like to get 2K13 for the updated schedule, uniform colors and rosters, but then the guys on the boards here have done great things with 2K12; the gameplay videos that have been posted look like a completely different game, and that is impressive.

Are there plans to make those edits for 2K13?[/quote]

The game does play completely different. Maybe I'm crazy but I haven't seen the glitches that I used to, like not throwing and stuff like that. They seem to play a calm less frantic game of baseball.

In my theory / opinion, the anticipation attribute gets them going too quickly and the animations can't keep up with their decision making. Similar to the goalies in NHL 2k10. Dropping aniticipation immediatly calmed them from split saving everything.

I like to tinker with attributes in baseball and hockey games. We'll see if 2k13 needs to be tinkered with. Hopefully they read the impressions post edit, saw some of the gameplay videos and tuned their game to implement that improvement. We'll see
Old 02-28-2013, 01:14 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

[quote=shogunofharlem3;2044756471]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ

Are there plans to make those edits for 2K13?[/quote]

The game does play completely different. Maybe I'm crazy but I haven't seen the glitches that I used to, like not throwing and stuff like that. They seem to play a calm less frantic game of baseball.

In my theory / opinion, the anticipation attribute gets them going too quickly and the animations can't keep up with their decision making. Similar to the goalies in NHL 2k10. Dropping aniticipation immediatly calmed them from split saving everything.

I like to tinker with attributes in baseball and hockey games. We'll see if 2k13 needs to be tinkered with. Hopefully they read the impressions post edit, saw some of the gameplay videos and tuned their game to implement that improvement. We'll see
I really hope so too.
But honestly, and as big of a 2K supporter that I am, I'd be shocked if one employee of 2KSports ever came on these boards.
The edits you've performed have made such a drastic improvement, I would hope that 2K could acknowledge their benefit and implement them in 2K13.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:37 PM   #30
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

Might give 2K13 a shot this year...diggin' the lighting in the game,announcers, & the ballparks, but what is w/ the Yosemite Sam voice overs & the umps? small pet peeve, but they need new player models & some new umpire voice overs fo sho.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:41 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown
Might give 2K13 a shot this year...diggin' the lighting in the game,announcers, & the ballparks, but what is w/ the Yosemite Sam voice overs & the umps? small pet peeve, but they need new player models & some new umpire voice overs fo sho.
The player models definitely need a lot more work.
Looking at the other game, or games like Madden and NHL, these models are behind the 8-ball.

I've said it before and I'll repeat myself again, if MLB2K had the same visuals as The Show, I think it wouldn't get crapped on nearly as much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2013, 01:49 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ

Are there plans to make those edits for 2K13?
I'll give a check (no pun intended) once I get home from work DJ

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »