Home

MLB 13 The Show Video - Oakland A's vs. Los Angeles Angels (Game 1 ALDS)

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Video - Oakland A's vs. Los Angeles Angels (Game 1 ALDS) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-03-2013, 09:42 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 7
I noticed a lot of little things that made the game flow much better. I noticed a lot of new animations wether it be fielding, the batter preloading his swing. I noticed a couple of nice foul balls of the bat that were not in MLB 12. It looks like this is the best baseball package we have received since the beginning of video game baseball
Old 03-03-2013, 10:24 AM   #18
Rookie

raiderzride4free's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 13 The Show Video - Oakland A's vs. Los Angeles Angels (Game 1 ALDS)

i still cant believe how bad cespedes looks in this game. SCEA should be ashamed at how bad he looks

Old 03-03-2013, 10:43 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderzride4free
i still cant believe how bad cespedes looks in this game. SCEA should be ashamed at how bad he looks
I don't understand the ragging about this. He'll be recreated perfectly anyway. Pettitte looked bad last year too, but someone made him perfectly, so what's the problem ?
Old 03-03-2013, 11:59 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonadom
I don't understand the ragging about this. He'll be recreated perfectly anyway. Pettitte looked bad last year too, but someone made him perfectly, so what's the problem ?
1) Because he's been in the big leagues for a year already. We all understand that prospects making their MLB debuts can only be CAPs in the current season game. But in next year's game, the player and his actual, scanned face should be, and usually is, there. This didn't happened here.

2) Pettitte obviously has been out of the game for a while since he hasn't pitched in a couple seasons so SCEA had to remake him as a CAP. He didn't have his face and picture in last year's game like Cespedes didn't, but he'll have his face and picture in this year's game like Cespedes should but doesn't. So your analogy is inaccurate.

3) Even if you can re-edit his face, a CAP face is still nowhere close to the lifelike realism of a scanned face. I love OSFM but everyone can see that CAPs in that set look different from the actual scanned-face MLB players in the game, despite the excellent efforts of the OSFM people.

4) It's simply disrespectful. I get that the Oakland A's are a small market team that very few people care about. But they are a damn successful franchise, they are the defending AL West champs, and Cespedes is a damn fine player. People raise hell when a batting stance is off by a couple inches or uniform shade isn't to their liking. Now imagine if Robinson Cano had Ryan Howard's face or Jose Bautista was a CAP. Would people not be upset about that? If Cespedes was a New York Yankee, I'm reasonably confident that SCEA would make damn sure his actual face and picture were in the game.

I'm not going to resort to hysterical hyperbole like "OMG this is game breaking!!!" or threaten to boycott the game. But I reserve the right to express my displeasure at a clear mistake that I feel is disrespectful to my team.
Old 03-03-2013, 01:17 PM   #21
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30
I was fully with you up until this point...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grnngld

4) It's simply disrespectful. I get that the Oakland A's are a small market team that very few people care about. But they are a damn successful franchise, they are the defending AL West champs, and Cespedes is a damn fine player. People raise hell when a batting stance is off by a couple inches or uniform shade isn't to their liking. Now imagine if Robinson Cano had Ryan Howard's face or Jose Bautista was a CAP. Would people not be upset about that? If Cespedes was a New York Yankee, I'm reasonably confident that SCEA would make damn sure his actual face and picture were in the game.

I'm not going to resort to hysterical hyperbole like "OMG this is game breaking!!!" or threaten to boycott the game. But I reserve the right to express my displeasure at a clear mistake that I feel is disrespectful to my team.
I agree that the CAP could better represent him. However, it has nothing to do with respect, or disrespect, or what team he plays for. I can guarantee that no one at SCEA said at any point "it's only Oakland it'll be fine" or anything along those lines.

Knowing the circumstances in which Cespedes entered the league, I would assume he is not as accessible a player as others. The other players you mentioned have done media and/or been cover athletes for the game, so it would be a head scratcher if they were not as accurately portrayed.

-- Sent from the Future...

YouTube

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2013, 01:29 PM   #22
Pro

metsfan4life1's Arena

OVR: 10

Luckily Matt Harvey looks great! I just edited him in MLB 12 last night( I think it looks great) but damn the one in the game looks FANTASTIC! So happy about that..
Old 03-03-2013, 01:37 PM   #23
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
I was fully with you up until this point...

I agree that the CAP could better represent him. However, it has nothing to do with respect, or disrespect, or what team he plays for. I can guarantee that no one at SCEA said at any point "it's only Oakland it'll be fine" or anything along those lines.

Knowing the circumstances in which Cespedes entered the league, I would assume he is not as accessible a player as others. The other players you mentioned have done media and/or been cover athletes for the game, so it would be a head scratcher if they were not as accurately portrayed.

-- Sent from the Future...

This might be true... he probably was busy dealing with the issues surrounding his family safety (in DR perhaps) and couldn't bother with doing CAPs and stuff.

... or he simply is very bad at being his image taken, and just really looks like a terribly done CAP uploaded by a random PSN user... ....... just like Miggy Cabrera is never able to recreate his own stroke when he does his own swing captured............ hahahaha......
Old 03-03-2013, 02:00 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grnngld
1) Because he's been in the big leagues for a year already. We all understand that prospects making their MLB debuts can only be CAPs in the current season game. But in next year's game, the player and his actual, scanned face should be, and usually is, there. This didn't happened here.

2) Pettitte obviously has been out of the game for a while since he hasn't pitched in a couple seasons so SCEA had to remake him as a CAP. He didn't have his face and picture in last year's game like Cespedes didn't, but he'll have his face and picture in this year's game like Cespedes should but doesn't. So your analogy is inaccurate.

3) Even if you can re-edit his face, a CAP face is still nowhere close to the lifelike realism of a scanned face. I love OSFM but everyone can see that CAPs in that set look different from the actual scanned-face MLB players in the game, despite the excellent efforts of the OSFM people.

I think you're making a mountain out of a molehill, but that's just my opinion. Disrespectful ? To who ? Do you think he feels disrespected by it ?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »