Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressions within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-22-2013, 03:41 PM   #17
Rookie

Ferweezy's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 Out for Season Ticket Holders on 360 (PS3 Soon)

PS3 release is up.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:03 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
Loving the presentation. Feels like a completely different game from years past. Kudos to EA for doing something different

My Golfer is so bad it's not even funny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can't wait to see how much mine sucks! And then get some time in then build him up. Man, I can't wait for Tuesday!

1. NHL 14
2. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 Sim Mode
3. ESPN NFL 2K5 w/ Gills 2013 roster update
3. NBA 2K11 w/ mkharsh's 2012-13 rosters
5. Winning Eleven 6 FE patched **2012 transfer window*** update....kick @SS
Old 03-22-2013, 04:30 PM   #19
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Once again no button controls or more than 1 putt preview per putt resulting in nothing but a frustrating entirely unplayable experience. The legend mode is pretty cool especially the old timey filter but since I find the game itself unplayable it's worthless. I managed to get down to needing one mid range shot to win and I hit a guy for goodness sake! Failed another challenge when I still had 3 holes left and these are just the starter ones. Is it seriously that hard to put in button controls so your game won't be complete garbage??
Old 03-22-2013, 05:33 PM   #20
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
Once again no button controls or more than 1 putt preview per putt resulting in nothing but a frustrating entirely unplayable experience. The legend mode is pretty cool especially the old timey filter but since I find the game itself unplayable it's worthless. I managed to get down to needing one mid range shot to win and I hit a guy for goodness sake! Failed another challenge when I still had 3 holes left and these are just the starter ones. Is it seriously that hard to put in button controls so your game won't be complete garbage??
This guy hated Tiger Woods 13 and I loved it, so I'm even more excited for 14 now!!!
Old 03-22-2013, 05:49 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
Three click is not compatible with TW13 and 14 with the new Total Swing control. I do not see it coming back anytime soon with as few users who actually played the game with it. Sorry.

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2013, 05:50 PM   #22
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressio

I took my 75,000 XP credits from Tiger 13 and created a control/draw/medium trajectory golfer and played a bit now. These are quick impressions, but ones that are already pretty obvious.

Positives:

The graphics are improved from the demo. Pinehurst has the most natural look I've ever seen in the series. The natural areas don't have a homogeneous look of years past. The courses look less post cardie and more organic.

A control golfer remedies a lot of the control problems I was having with either golfer in the demo. My CAG with the XP I was able to apply and the Season Ticket clubs can carry a drive 250 yards, and that's enough right now to have a fighting chance off the black tees.

The pitching, chipping and putting games are as pure as I can remember, from a control and interface standpoint, the presentation of each not withstanding (see Negatives).

I'm playing career mode in "Tournament" difficulty and find the control interface to be judiciously punitive in modeling swing errors.

The audio ambiance of the course environment is natural and varied.

Negatives

I can't come up with a gentle way to put this, but I find both presentation options - Follow Cam and Broadcast Cam - to be a disorienting mess from a player standpoint. Broadcast Cam totally takes the player out of game and turns them into a TV spectator, from tee to green, on the majority of most shots. Follow Cam at least tracks the ball on most shots of 45 yards or more, but often breaks down and follows the Broadcast Camera presentation technique of zooming the player out of the action, at line obscuring angles that give the player no opportunity to gauge what happened with the roll of longer putts in real time.

Follow Cam putting coverage also takes an annoying jump to the right on the putts of roughly 15 feet or less, at the moment of impact. It stays sort of behind the golfer, allowing you to have a better look at how the putt is following the slope, but the sudden teleport to this new perspective shatters the immersion that could have been preserved by simply holding the putt camera view until the finish. I'm truly astonished at how much this not only spoils any chance of a player perspective, spatially immersive experience, but it has an unfair impact on the gameplay as it blinds the player to data that they should be able to observe in real time!

Broadcast camera is more of a perspective destroying experience than I thought it would be. Quite often it's hard to tell where your ball is going because of the angles the overly abrupt camera cuts are taking. Its camera coverage of putting is even more deleterious than that of Follow cam, as you are more often zoomed out to such distant camera positions that it's difficult to see the ball, let alone discern anything about how it's breaking....

I don't really have any other negatives at this point, but I'm so devastated by how much the presentation options spoil the game aesthetically and functionally that they would pale in comparison anyway. The bottom line is that Tiger 14's presentation options are a game killer for me. This will be the first time in the current generation's series that I'll be sitting one of its iterations out.

Last edited by OnlookerDelay; 03-22-2013 at 07:40 PM.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:52 PM   #23
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressio

Just started the game, I LOVE how they have much more licensed equipment this year. Bridgestone, Mizuno, Golf Pride, Winn, just to name a few. I can recreate my real life golf bag once I start unlocking everything.

Very different feel from the demo as well. Everything is much more smooth and improved. Played one quick hole on Augusta with my pro, game seems really good.

Can't wait to dive in later tonight!
Old 03-22-2013, 06:02 PM   #24
MVP

ASB37's Arena

OVR: 32

Looking to pick up this game, do most people recommend the historic masters edition over the regular? Does it have anything else other than Bobby Jones and 5 more courses? I know some sites list the green jacket ceremony as a feature for the historic edition does this mean that if I get the standard that ceremony is not included?

"You play to win the game."

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »