Home

Madden NFL 25 Developers Are Working On Implementing New NFL Rules

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Developers Are Working On Implementing New NFL Rules within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2013, 06:01 PM   #17
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden NFL 25 Developers Are Working On Implementing New NFL Rules

Can't lie....part of me hopes the new crown of the helmet rule is a big a cluster**** to deal with in the game as it will be in real life. Some how I know this is going to result in even more awkward/ugly running animations and collisions....all in an effort to show "The Right Way"

Maybe I need to lighten up on Tiburon for always trying to change/create their own game of football rather then replicating the one by in large everybody has loved for years upon years......

because the NFL Owners/GODell seem even more hell bent on it

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Last edited by SteelerSpartan; 03-27-2013 at 12:22 PM.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:09 PM   #18
Rookie

Allpro1414's Arena

OVR: 0
Why do they do this every year,
"Hey we're putting in this stuff that nobody really cares about, get excited!"
"ooookay but what about the rest of the stuff that you never fix which ruin the experience and realism"(PENALTIES)
"Idk what you're talking about but hey look we are going to have a uniform rater in our fake twitter feed!"
"yea but the cpu NEVER changes their uni's EVER, so its just going to rate me probably"
Old 03-26-2013, 06:18 PM   #19
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allpro1414
Why do they do this every year,
"Hey we're putting in this stuff that nobody really cares about, get excited!"
"ooookay but what about the rest of the stuff that you never fix which ruin the experience and realism"(PENALTIES)
"Idk what you're talking about but hey look we are going to have a uniform rater in our fake twitter feed!"
"yea but the cpu NEVER changes their uni's EVER, so its just going to rate me probably"
EA didn't market the uniform rater, Kotaku did and they received their information from the uniform rater.

As mesteveo mentioned above, it's all about who has the story out the fastest.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:21 PM   #20
Rookie

Nexgenrulz's Arena

OVR: 2
Soon the NFL will be the NFFL (National Flag Football League). This Commissioner is an absolute disaster. Another example of the wussification of America.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:28 PM   #21
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
I expect it will be similar to 'Madden addressing concussions' of seasons past - with equal parts overreaction by fans and overstatement by the media of the effort being put forward to acknowledge the rule changes.

Just the time of the year that scraps of information like this get that kind of reception is all.
Aggies7 mentions about MLB The Show having real umpire crews with different strike zones in this thread http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-referees.html and with this news coming out today, it got me to wondering. Kolbe from The Show is on the Madden team now so it wouldn't seem like a stretch that the addition of real NFL refs and a reported focus on real NFL penalties, are signs of a similar ref/crew personality system being added to M25.

http://kotaku.com/5907525/these-are-...lb-12-the-show
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...es-thread.html

Could this be a fix or at least a solid foundation to fix, the issue with penalties like DPI and OPI not being represented well, ever, in next gen Madden?[/quote]
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2013, 06:30 PM   #22
Pro

StL_RamZ's Arena

OVR: 12
Why is this news! It should be in the game regardless smh
Old 03-26-2013, 07:15 PM   #23
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19
I gotta say its funny that they are "working" on putting in the new rules, when madden is probably the worst of all the big sports games at actually implementing any penalties.

I mean, there is not even defensive holding in madden.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:36 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 30
Well, it;'s good to know that they are implementing this rule but I also take this as they WILL fix the other issues with penalties and lack there of. Just like they said that they are putting more real refs in the game, I felt like they must be putting emphases on penalties this year unlike any other especially now that they plan to put these new ones in.

I'm staying positive on the penalties front.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »