Home

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 Review (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 Review (360/PS3) within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2013, 11:14 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 Review (360/PS3)

I had to let out a deep breath, the tournament hinged on this ten-foot putt.

Sink it and I win the Country Club tournament of the day, miss it and I’m the guy who choked it away at the end.

This is the essence of what makes Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 so great this year: it’s just you and the course -- and your dozens of friends online playing against you at the same time. As a package, Tiger 14 is the best the series has put together thanks to new additions that just add depth and polish.

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 reaches for the stars and comes up just short, but what you get is likely one of the finest golfing games ever assembled.

Read More - Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 Review (360/PS3)
Platform: Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2013, 12:42 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 6
Your review is pretty spot on, the only issues I have are the nerfed easy putting mechanic, and the green speeds are horrible. Also I wish the practice swing was an option head to head it makes having a match at the sim level pretty difficult with the new swing mechanic. I am just praying they fix green speeds, as it seems they are pretty dead set on aiming marker based putting, people probably thought last years stroke based was too hard, which I actually truly enjoyed
Old 03-27-2013, 01:09 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 33
A solid review. I would go for a 8.5. I'm totally loving ths game. Never been one for the Career Mode so the Wuick Tournament option is a much welcomed. The new presentation gives it a much more TV broadcast feel despite the lack of quality commentary. All in all a great game.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:51 PM   #4
Just started!

OVR: 0
I'll wait for the patch and a price drop. Been burned too many times by TW Golf. Really it's an every other year game for me, or even every three years. Pick it up in the bargain bin 6 months from now and the $60 worth of DLC will be easier to stomach.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:30 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1
Still difficult to understand why we can't play a season mode with a pro? Such a basic concept....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2013, 08:40 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1
looks like a winner but in typical tiger woods fashion EA fashion it took until the end of the cycle to bring it all together. When this comes out on the next gen systems you will have such jaw dropping graphics you will look back at this game and wonder how you played a game so ugly. However if past is an indicator the next gen tiger woods will lack the various modes this game has
Old 03-27-2013, 09:44 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3
Really good review. As you mentioned, I hope there is a patch for scoring and green speeds soon.

Loving the game though. Sim mode is awesome.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:37 PM   #8
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 Review (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParquetPosse
I'll wait for the patch and a price drop. Been burned too many times by TW Golf. Really it's an every other year game for me, or even every three years. Pick it up in the bargain bin 6 months from now and the $60 worth of DLC will be easier to stomach.
yeah I bought 10, 12, and now 14 (played the in between years though)... this is the first year its worthy enough to buy the DLC courses. Best tiger ive ever played and I go back to TW 99 and Cyber Tiger.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »