Home

NASCAR The Game: Inside Line Patch Has Finally Arrived For 360, Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on NASCAR The Game: Inside Line Patch Has Finally Arrived For 360, Post Your Impressions within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2013, 10:53 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NASCAR The Game: Inside Line Patch Has Finally Arrived For 360, Post Your Impressions

The NASCAR The Game: Inside Line patch was released for the PS3 a few weeks ago. Microsoft rejected the patch for 360 users about a month ago.

Today the patch is available for the 360. We've listed the fixes below. Race a few laps and let us know what you think.

Online:
  • Xbox, a player can be put into a lobby where NATs conflict meaning they will be kicked when the counter reaches zero.
  • If someone is dropped when in the Infield Garage, the rolling starts are broken.
  • Matchmaking puts the player into a lobby when a game is already in progress.
  • After a caution / quick caution, players can be dropped from the game.
  • If a player DNF’s and then a caution is called, players separate into different lobbies.
  • Infrequently the player appears to have hit a car in front even though they are not touching.
  • Sometimes laps go out of sync when compared with other players in the game.
  • On the Caution Summary, the number plate becomes mixed up if a player leaves the game.
  • On the Garage Overview screens, the number plates are not listed correctly.
  • If the host is in any position other than first, they will take off and leave the pack in both SF and DF rolling starts after a caution.
  • When the Quick Caution screen appears, all players seem to have 80% “health”.
  • When the Quick Caution screen appears for the second time, wedge cannot be adjusted.
  • When reviewing the online race results, players who DNF’d aren't displayed.
  • When joining a race in progress, only the host’s progress i.e. Racing Lap X is displayed.
  • Sometimes cautions don’t appear to be called.
  • Often 3 laps are run in a GWC.
  • At the end of a practice session, the Overview appears different on numerous players consoles.
  • A player car number doesn't show up in the lobby interface when joining a game in progress until that player finishes racing and returns to the lobby.
  • When joining a session in progress and once the race is completed, a Race Over counter begins. This sequence breaks with around 10 seconds left.
  • During the rolling start sequence a car can appeared ghosted.
  • The session over times aren't in sync.
  • Invalid laps from the Road Courses can be seen by others even though dashes are seen by the offending player on their overview screen (Qualifying).
  • The overview screen can remain on during gameplay.
Offline / Possibly Online:
  • Cautions are called when the player is on the apron around the start of the pit road zone.
  • The CSR wheel depresses both the accelerator and clutch at the same time.
  • Setups do not save correctly.
  • One of the player cars disappear during the split screen rolling start and reappears when crossing the start line.
  • The player can get inaccurate lap times, normally very small.
  • A.I. cause cautions when leaving pit road under green flag conditions.
  • The player position indicator is missing on the single file caution sequence.
  • A.I. appear to have problems with pit strategy, pitting the lap after a Caution or most of the field coming in on the same lap under green.
  • A.I. general over taking and passing of lapped cars has been improved.
  • A.I. "brake checking" on certain tracks has been improved.
  • During a pit stop changing the wedge, returning to do another stop, the wedge has changed.
  • Richmond and possibly other tracks, some AI drivers change their paint scheme between practice and the race.
  • DNF’ing because of damage or fuel doesn't update the race stats, it should.
  • Adding a splash of gas would add a full can.
  • The positions made / lost on the Caution Summary screen is often wrong even though the players are in the correct position.
  • Roof flaps don’t deploy during replays.
  • When receiving an message that a sponsor is interested, qualify 10th or better in the next 2 races, doesn't work.
  • If the car is fatally damaged and on fire and rolls across the finish line in 1st place, it the burnout sequence and Victory Road the car remains on fire.
  • If you run out of gas but win the race, you can’t go forwards during the burn out but you can reverse?
  • During the single file caution state when others are pitting but not the player, the wrong way text or the ahead / behind indicator can appear under the text.
  • Paint Booth, colors are added to the recent colors list even if they are in there already.
  • The spotter stops talking when turning off the proximity indicator.
  • Only the first 4 photo’s show up on the loading screen.

Re-Balance / Enhancement:
  • Added black flags (only) to the flag rules in Choose a Race and Private Race.
  • Increase the chance of a new primary sponsor offer being made.
  • In Season mode, change the paint scheme of the player car to the scheme that ran at the appropriate race if we have it, otherwise default to the one the player chose at the start.
  • The tire temp indicator shows blue at too high a temp.
  • Change the tire wear indicator to a non linear scale to match the drop off.
  • Re-balanced the road course penalty system.
  • When creating a new setup the default values should be based on the preset race set up for that track.
  • Re-balance how much the tires wear on various tracks.
  • The car now overheats quicker.
  • During the single file caution state, the player can use all camera functions.
  • Right stick can be defined to accelerate / brake.
  • Time to give a position back on the plate tracks increased to 10 seconds.
  • Default Dead Zone setting for wheels should be 5%.
  • When using a wheel, the steer assist should be used so that when full the wheel doesn't have any stagger effect.
  • Mechanical damage has been made more consistent.
  • A.I. cars can be turned easier by the player.
  • Reviewed performance of wheels in the game and enhanced.
  • Improved the stagger between cars during riling (believe Dave meant 'rolling' -Dan) starts.
Additional Online Fixes:
  • Rolling starts improved
  • Lobby reliability and connectivity improved
  • If someone is kicked from the lobby due to their connection, multiple people would be kicked instead of just that player
  • Further improvements to people being kicked under caution
  • Additional caution lap caused by the the host spamming the pit / don't pit button
  • Several crashes and freezes
Additional Offline Fixes:
  • A.I. pitting every 7/8 laps on certain tracks
  • Deleting multiple set ups after changing tracks
Platform: Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2013, 11:38 AM   #2
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: NASCAR The Game: Inside Line Patch Has Finally Arrived For 360, Post Your Impress

You're getting slow in your old age, geezer.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:39 AM   #3
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NASCAR The Game: Inside Line Patch Has Finally Arrived For 360, Post Your Impress

Wow! Really surprised they got it out this early and we dont have to wait till next week. Hope some of you hard core guys can get in there and give it a drive today to see how it fixed things while I'm stuck at work today! Really hope this patch works and makes this game the game it should be.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:47 AM   #4
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

I'm certainly going to give it a try in a couple of hours, but that patch list is from the first patch.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:13 PM   #5
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

I am working all today, but have a long weekend starting tomorrow.

I hope some of you get to test today, especially career offline AI races, to see if key issues fixed or vastly improved. Love to hear feedback before i give it a go.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2013, 12:49 PM   #6
Rookie

scoman's Arena

OVR: 5

Really looking forward to the feedback on the new patch. Going to buy it today if it is positive,but frankly I'm not very optimistic at this point. Hopefully some of you fellas will have a chance to check it out soon.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:54 PM   #7
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

Same boat I'm in. Hopeful, but not optimistic.

I'm going to try a 10% race at Phoenix with 4x wear at lunch to see if they pit ever 7 or 8 laps again, and then at Charlotte to see how that cluster**** of a track drives in turns 3 and 4.

After all of this crap, they really should surprise us with "Hey, the Gen6 download has been modified--you can now use it in career mode!". That may sweeten my opinion on it a bit, but right now, I'm so very sour on this company and series.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:17 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 0
I think the worst thing Ever happen to video games is the Online, They use to test a game b4 selling it, Now they just sell and want the gamers to test it then Patch it.....Bring back Beta Testers and get the game Right,...Companies would sell A LOT more if they did that,......Who cares bout All the Fix!!!!!!!!!!
the game is junk and no fun without the Gen 6 cars.........

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »