Home

NCAA Football 14 Video - First Look at New Gameplay Engine

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Video - First Look at New Gameplay Engine within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2013, 12:18 PM   #9
Pro

Sparkles's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NCAA Football 14 Video

it looks so good in real time motion
NHL New Jersey Devils
EPL Manchester United
NCAA FB Pittsburgh Panthers
NCAA BB Pittsburgh Panthers
Old 04-03-2013, 12:19 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 6
This could be so dope man! My hopes up haha I've been hoping they'd upgrade the cuts.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:21 PM   #11
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Anybody feel free to "check" me but that video brought me back down to reality. Maybe this will look different from an actual game play view and I can see more of what's substantially changed but in that video I still thought I saw sliding/skipping, the runner generally covering too much ground at times. I think the inclusion of cuts mapped to left stick movement is good but is it just cosmetic, meaning the players still change direction too easily, gliding into space, just with a cut animation playing out. I hope someone understands what I am talking about and can maybe clarify what I might be missing here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2013, 12:24 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NCAA Football 14 Video - First Look at New Gameplay Engine

looks good. hope it's just for promotional purposes, but the offensive player looked a little overpowering. hope it's balanced, so defenders can knock out rb's/wr's/qb's as well.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:24 PM   #13

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Anybody feel free to "check" me but that video brought me back down to reality. Maybe this will look different from an actual game play view and a can see more of what's substantially changed but in that video I still thought I saw sliding/skipping, the runner generally covering too much ground at times. I think the inclusion of cuts mapped to left stick movement is good but is it just cosmetic, meaning the players still change direction too easily, gliding into space, just with a cut animation playing out. I hope someone understands what I am talking about and can maybe clarify what I might be missing here.
Thats the main problem with the running. Its playing out a running animation but they aren't actually running, their gliding across the field. Im still seeing that, I only notice footplanting on the cuts. To tell how good the footplanting is we obviously have to feel it for ourselves.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:25 PM   #14
Pro

adub88's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NCAA Football 14 Video - First Look at New Gameplay Engine

I read the ESPN preview that locomotion has been improved. I hope it didn't just relate to the jukes. Still don't like the way they're running, needs to look more natural. Aside from that, glad to see they're on the right track. Just need to see some live gameplay and fluidity
Old 04-03-2013, 12:25 PM   #15
Rookie

BigBadTom's Arena

OVR: 0
I'm confused, are there any major upgrades in how blocking occurs?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2013, 12:25 PM   #16
Banned

XxJustAguessxX's Arena

OVR: 8
LoL still given QB's the robot facemask, # 10 for Arkansas has it and he's the quarterback, it's early so ill give them the benefit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »