Home

NCAA Football 14 Preview (Game Informer)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Preview (Game Informer) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2013, 12:20 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NCAA Football 14 Preview (Game Informer)

Game Informer has posted their NCAA Football 14 preview, discussing much of the same from other articles, but they do go into more detail on the offensive line and blocking in general.

Quote:
Instead of just throwing in a bunch of new variations of the option, EA Tiburon is re-working its blocking logic as well as runner's motions through traffic at the line of scrimmage. Offensive linemen now try to prioritize defenders better as well as execute different blocking schemes like double teams and zone blocks. If they clear the line of scrimmage they also fire out to the second level more effectively. Ball carriers, meanwhile, should no longer run into the backs of their linemen, but instead pause with their hands on the backs of their teammates while a hole develops. If executed properly, these additions should be a big boon for the franchise, which has struggled with these elements in the past.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2013, 12:54 PM   #2
Rookie

darren1024's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NCAA Football 14 Preview (Game Informer)

Steve, youve been busy today my man! Great job!
Old 04-03-2013, 01:05 PM   #3
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
Some more good nuggets with for the blocking. Also highlighting the player you should read in the option will be good for those that are new to it. I know it will help me when I'm using GT as I really don't know who to read on some of those interior option plays.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:56 PM   #4
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

OVR: 23

I really hope zone blocking is done correctly. This could be a biggie. Good job for the first day of info.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:04 PM   #5
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

As others mentioned, this was my big take out of that article.

Offensive linemen now try to prioritize defenders better as well as execute different blocking schemes like double teams and zone blocks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2013, 03:05 PM   #6
MVP

Thank you Steve more good info what a day now we just need the most important thing of all a detailed list of all Teambuilder improvements and we'll be set!
Old 04-03-2013, 06:12 PM   #7
Rookie

SaintBrees's Arena

OVR: 0

Does anyone know with the new blocking will the running back not fall down now when running into the back of a blocker? hopefully they brought back the animation where you can push their back as a running back.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:17 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintBrees
Does anyone know with the new blocking will the running back not fall down now when running into the back of a blocker? hopefully they brought back the animation where you can push their back as a running back.
didn't read the article? that's exactly what's supposed to happen now. From the article:
Quote:
Ball carriers, meanwhile, should no longer run into the backs of their linemen, but instead pause with their hands on the backs of their teammates while a hole develops.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »