Home

NCAA Football 14 Preview (Kotaku)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Preview (Kotaku) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2013, 10:11 PM   #9
Rookie

TryHard_Nation's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NCAA Football 14 Preview (Kotaku)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Play by play stamina is long over due. It will make having a deep depth chart more worth while. Past years I never cared for deep depth chart because players never got tired to the point it effected their performance. I could have ran the ball 35 times in a row with the same RB, he still performed on a high level as though it was his 1st running attempt.

So hopefully now you can TRULY tire out a defense and see them put in some 2nd and 3rd string defensive linemen. And that you will actually see teams use more then 1 running back during the game. Then finally HOPEFULLY it will penalize people who call blitz plays every down. Since technically if the same player is constantly doing a lot of running every play, he will get more and more tired & less effective.

So finally NCAA can be played more like chess and strategic, instead of just use the same 3 money plays all game long.
Wow. That's what we call constructive and taking it to the next level.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:22 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Play by play stamina is long over due. It will make having a deep depth chart more worth while. Past years I never cared for deep depth chart because players never got tired to the point it effected their performance. I could have ran the ball 35 times in a row with the same RB, he still performed on a high level as though it was his 1st running attempt.

So hopefully now you can TRULY tire out a defense and see them put in some 2nd and 3rd string defensive linemen. And that you will actually see teams use more then 1 running back during the game. Then finally HOPEFULLY it will penalize people who call blitz plays every down. Since technically if the same player is constantly doing a lot of running every play, he will get more and more tired & less effective.

So finally NCAA can be played more like chess and strategic, instead of just use the same 3 money plays all game long.
Hoping it is like this. It would be disappointing if JUST the RBs have this meter....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
If this hasn't been upgraded and given the depth it deserves then Im going to have a hard time buying the game again.

Too many years of having to withstand that ugliness finally became too much for me and I skipped last years games.

If its another year of dancing...then its going to be hard to look at any other area of the game....Im just that fed up with it
From EJ Manuel's gameplay impressions article...
Quote:
Another visual addition to the gameplay will be the different looking line play up front.

"The line play is a lot more violent. These guys aren't just standing there like before. I think they call it the waltz around here? These guys are really hitting each other up front, it looks better."
Old 04-03-2013, 10:27 PM   #11
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

^^^Yeah I saw that earlier, but I still think he's referring to the run blocking

We'll probably find out in the 1st playbook....if not sooner from a GameChanger

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2013, 04:41 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 19
"Ballcarriers will have contextual animations that put up their arms and subtly steer them "around the manwall" as Richart put it, even if you're laying on the stick going straight ahead."

that "subtly steer" statement is very troubling. how about just giving the player control as to where he wants to go once he encounters the wall. .

I like the fatigue aspect, but wasn't that implemented in a football game a few years back. then taken out. so is this a re-introduction/re-tuned feature
Old 04-04-2013, 08:49 AM   #13
Rookie

darren1024's Arena

OVR: 4

Remember that this is still a WIP guys. With the infinity engine now in, does weight actually matter for OL? Will height come into play for WR/CB interaction? And why no mention of any defensive improvements?
Old 04-04-2013, 09:18 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 0

There is still no mention of double-team pass blocking which is very worrisome. They are saying that they improved blocking, but what that means is anybody guess. Until they have 2 offensive lineman blocking 1 defensive player out of a play on pass plays, they fail in that respect. It doesn't have too be every play, but it should be on 3 man rushes. Well see in the coming weeks
Old 04-04-2013, 09:27 AM   #15
Rookie

DukeRulz14's Arena

OVR: 0
Alabama still has the old SEC patches on their jerseys
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2013, 09:41 AM   #16
Rookie

Strategizer's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
^^^Yeah I saw that earlier, but I still think he's referring to the run blocking

We'll probably find out in the 1st playbook....if not sooner from a GameChanger
The waltz/patty cake animation affects both run and pass blocking so I would assume he is referring to OL/DL interactions in general. Although I still wouldn't expect any massive changes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »