Home

NCAA Football 14 Gameplay Roundtable (UTC)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Gameplay Roundtable (UTC) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2013, 02:28 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NCAA Football 14 Gameplay Roundtable (UTC)

The gang over at UTC have posted their NCAA Football 14 gameplay roundtable. Two of the participants in the article have already had hands-on with the game at a recent Community Event.

Quote:
Although it was mentioned that line play and blocking AI had been fixed, we still haven’t heard exactly how far they’ve taken these improvements. For me, this will be integral to the success of the other gameplay mechanics because foot planting and locomotion is all for nothing if the line can’t block appropriately. Going into this year’s football titles, I said footwork and line interactions would be the most pivotal necessities and so far we’ve seen strides in one department but I’ll remain cautiously optimistic until I get further details on the second system. Overall though, I’m very happy with what I’ve seen and heard so far on NCAA Football 14. It appears as if the team is preparing to give us their best attempt at fixing the ship after last year’s less than stellar edition.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2013, 08:42 PM   #2
Rookie

CHICODUSTY's Arena

OVR: 1
I will not place my opinion on the game until i see some live gameplay! Yes, what they are saying sounds great but EA has a long history of making things look and sound good. Then when the product drops its nothing like they said it would be or whatever they implemented would be poorly done. I really hope GAMEPLAY is the focus for the next several years, the game LOOKS great. they can afford to stop the focus on LOOKS and just work on GAMEPLAY for the next couple of years if you ask me. If the game is not up to par again this year i will invest my hard earned 65$ on something else instead of making EA rich like in years past!
Old 04-04-2013, 09:00 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 30
I liked what I read. Good to know. Again, not going to get this one but will enjoy the heck out of the demo. Madden 25 is where it's at for me.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:03 PM   #4
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NCAA Football 14 Gameplay Roundtable (UTC)

Just read it and I'm excited can't wait for more info.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:57 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0
Avoidance mech is my fav...now all I need is a couple of pass interference calls and I'm good
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2013, 11:45 PM   #6
Rookie

Sheen_O_Mack's Arena

OVR: 8

There are a few things I could see going very badly with this system.

1.) 5'8" 160 Running backs or D-Backs "Trucking" players much bigger then them just because they may have a full head of steam....

2.) Not being able to use a defenders momentum to your advantage, i.e. If a Linebacker is trying to take an angle to you, realistically, you should be able to juke back across his body (if its a bad angle) causing him to have to take multiple steps to slow down and more then likely reach out with one arm in an attempt to grab on to you, which depending on strength would ideally slow you up or possibly trip you up enough to make you fall after stumbling.

3.) Running backs who are at full speed after the acceleration burst being able to make 90+ degree cuts with out having to stutter step multiple times in order to get their body weight in the intended direction.

I'm optimistic about these changes and I really enjoy the college game and will pick it up regardless but unfortunately I still have that little voice in the back of my head reminding about all the hype surrounding last years football iterations by EA and, yet, they were less then stellar.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:15 AM   #7
Hail West Virginia

mtoo22's Arena

OVR: 10
I'm still worried that defenders momentum won't account at all for how they tackle. It sure hasn't before.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-05-2013, 09:51 AM   #8
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

the more I read the more i'm worried that defense in the end is gonna suck. still i hope defense will get defensive assignments . also if some could answer cause i haven't seen it . will defense have fatigue or is it just for offense and what about oline will they have a fatigue meter also.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »