Home

NCAA Football 14 Pre-Release Q&A: Gameplay (TGT)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Pre-Release Q&A: Gameplay (TGT) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2013, 11:48 AM   #9
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: NCAA Football 14 Pre-Release Q&A: Gameplay (TGT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gschwendt
Guys, if you have any questions to add, feel free to ask them over at TGT. That said, I did want to stop in and clear up some of the misunderstandings that were in the original thread.

As mentioned, yes, while we were there in March CPU playcalling was still very bad in late game situations. However, also be sure to note that after leaving and having conversations with the devs, it sounds like it should be considerably better. Our focus was on late game situations just because those are absolutely the worst and easy to pinpoint as "atrocious". Obviously time will tell but I feel confident that we should at least no longer see the HB Draw with 5 seconds left in the game and needing to score.

For the Option game, as I mentioned, the overall option game is better. The CPU should run it more effective and after pointing out some of the problems with it in March, it should be even better by release. As well, the new blocking decision making logic should improve as well... I didn't test specifically but based on what has been said, I would assume we should see less of the MLB blowing through the line untouched against the triple option.

Just want to make sure that this is clear... it's not that they're "effective" but rather that essentially any player most likely will still engage in a blocking interaction. I didn't specifically test putting in a P/K at OL but based on how interactions work, they'll essentially always play out an engaged animation. Obviously that could just be the animation that the DL bull rushes through him or quick swim move, but as well I'm sure there will also be times where the P/K would more than likely hold the block for more than a second or two.

I just want to clarify here... there is still time to tweak and adjust things, however you're right, there certainly isn't enough time to do any major overhauls at this point.

In general, I do want to make the point that NCAA14 played better overall than NCAA13 but then again it should. It's not the major leap that everyone wants to see each year but it is a better NCAA13.

Again, feel free to ask questions over at TGT and we'll do our absolute best to answer anything that comes through there... obviously at this point it's restricted to Gameplay.
Thanks for taking the time to come in and address some of the posts here. We always appreciate good insight from some of the guys who got to play the game early.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:55 AM   #10
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

Well guys, if the offensive and definsive lines aren't fixed I'm afraid I'm not buying this year. The issues should have at least been addressed a little. This is sad because I've never missed a title since the PS2 days
Old 04-11-2013, 12:19 PM   #11
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

OVR: 18
I thought they said they totally reworked how the lines function this year???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2013, 12:45 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 0

So pass blocking is still the same as last year and still no pass interference penalties that the writer says? It's been 8 years, what in the world is so hard that EA can't get double-team pass blocking and pass interference calls By the CPU in there game???!!!!! Why is this so hard EA????
Old 04-11-2013, 01:19 PM   #13
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
An OS person can apply if they want to.
Is that how it works?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
RGiles is a GCer for Madden.
Russ, get your gaming resume up to date. We need a rep.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:32 PM   #14
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Is that how it works?
Yes, there is a application to fill out on the GCers website.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:23 PM   #15
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Sounds like i'll skip it again this year and hope for a drastic change on next gen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2013, 06:34 PM   #16
Rookie

prototype561's Arena

OVR: 4

Soo this is basically Ncaa 13 with the Infinity Engine. I'm not calling it a physics engine until effects more than tackling.

Seems like we will still have 185 backs running over Dlinemen, and punters blocking All-American Dlinemen.

I'm kinda dissapointed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »