Home

NHL 14 Features to be Revealed on Monday April 15th with Trailer and Release Date

This is a discussion on NHL 14 Features to be Revealed on Monday April 15th with Trailer and Release Date within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-12-2013, 11:22 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: NHL 14 Features to be Revealed on Monday April 15th with Trailer and Release Date

My first wish is that AI and gameplay have been completely revamped so there is no more player boosts or AI cheating.
But I think we all know that's never going to happen.

So, I will say that if they improved the fighting engine and give us the ability to be an OHL GM, with all the bells and whistles, I might buy '14.

Playing in the AHL and OHL is way better than the NHL, because the player differences are way more exaggerated.
So if I can be a GM for the Spits, I'm in.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:00 PM   #18
Rookie

HouseOfBalloons's Arena

OVR: 0
I hope defenders don't constantly get sucked out of position giving easy breakaways

and

some way to call a timeout or change goalies without going to the menu using your one and only pause online
Old 04-12-2013, 12:26 PM   #19
Rookie

HouseOfBalloons's Arena

AI players knowing where the puck is.
AI players knowing when their team has pulled the goalie, showing any sort of desperation to stop the puck handler.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:30 PM   #20
Rookie

HouseOfBalloons's Arena

And... last one... not even a new fighting engine, but maybe don't have every player magically disappear off the ice when a fight happens??
Old 04-12-2013, 12:54 PM   #21
Rookie

Gotmilkman24's Arena

Re: NHL 14 Features to be Revealed on Monday April 15th with Trailer and Release Date

Quote:
Originally Posted by erich20012001
Let's see how hooked I get into HUT/EASHL again this year.
Amen, lets hope they make something better than 13. 13 was good.. but it can be better. There's a lot of new things they can bring to this game with the new consoles just around the corner.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2013, 12:58 PM   #22
Rookie

CaptainSuperman's Arena

My favorite game mode in almost any game is the create a character mode. I played it extensively in the NHL series and have grown tired of it. It does some things right, i.e. giving you the option of where you want to start, rather than picking a team (Madden) or immediately entering a quick, simulated draft (MLB The Show). I think the coach giving you feedback after each and every shift is a step in the right direction, but it could use work. I don't even like baseball, but I find myself playing The Show quite a bit because Road To The Show is so much fun. Maybe they also need to work over the attribute system, and along with it how player progression is done.

That, and they need to work on BeAGM mode. More than anything, the cold/hot streaks probably. Too many people have 80% win ratios because of it. I think it's a cool feature, but if it's going to give us lopsided results, it needs to be removed if not worked on.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:10 PM   #23
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

besides improvement in AI, gameplay, player differences, goalie fatigues, presentations.... ADD
1. penalty sliders...just like 2K so we can see different penalties
2. NHL schedules of games after the 1st season and not MLB type of schedule.
3. roster sharing
4. Goalie stats - its only 82 games but when i tabulate my 2 goalies number of games its higher than 82 games/reg. season.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:30 PM   #24
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

Before the EA Dev team even thinks about a fighting engine (like many are mentioning) they better be working on improvements to the actual gameplay. As in what actually matters for playing this game. A fight takes 30 seconds. How can people even think of making that a priority. A new fighting engine is something that is added when you start getting close to actually making a game with solid AI, players going offsides, player differentiation/likenesses, realistic goalie system, pressure entering the zone, etc.

I totally agree with people saying the fighting engine is poor, but that does not matter when it comes to the actual gameplay. This game is far from good as far as the on ice play. I'm not saying people wanting that are wrong at all, as it is a matter of opinion, but I don't know how people can put that at the top of the priority list. For an offline player I'd think it wouldn't be the main concern. The sad part is, it wouldn't shock me if a fighting system were implemented over gameplay aspects that should be in.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »