Home

NCAA Football 14 Gameplay Hands-On

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Gameplay Hands-On within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2013, 08:39 PM   #17
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12
Thanks for the honest preview, it was so refreshing not to hear stock/PC answers from people trying their best to hype up this game. Your preview is about what I expected from this title, good preview.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:07 PM   #18
Gator Bait

Swamp Swagger's Arena

OVR: 9
Just another little jump from one version to the next I guess but that usually all I need.

Seems EA just removes things then advertises little new things to no end.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:25 PM   #19
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Some of the stuff sounds good. It will probably be fun, but I guess it was too much to expect the legacy issues to be fixed this gen.

If this stuff isn't fixed for next gen, then Tiburon better run for the hills. (Figure of speech, not a threat.)
Old 04-18-2013, 09:29 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 4
So when is there going to be a football game of any kind that has proper player interaction, distinct difference between different rated players, and no bs (money plays, nano blitzes, etc.)?
Old 04-18-2013, 09:39 PM   #21
Rookie

aerovt's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NCAA Football 14 Gameplay Hands-On

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMhester04
-A WHOLE YEAR SPENT MAKING "AUTHENTIC" PRE-GAME RUN OUTS AND YOU BASICALLY THROW ALL OF IT AWAY THE NEXT YEAR

uhh, how do you expect them to rerelease this feature as a back of the box bullet if they just leave it in??

On a more serious note though, that part is not really all that concerning to me. After I watched the trailers that one time in their preview they released before the game was released, I saw no reason to ever watch them again and would always just fast forward the opening. Everything else you said was pretty spot on
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2013, 09:45 PM   #22
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

OVR: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovt
uhh, how do you expect them to rerelease this feature as a back of the box bullet if they just leave it in??

On a more serious note though, that part is not really all that concerning to me. After I watched the trailers that one time in their preview they released before the game was released, I saw no reason to ever watch them again and would always just fast forward the opening. Everything else you said was pretty spot on

My reasoning in saying this was they spent so much time on that feature and just scrapped it the next year. They also did this with so many features in Madden, like the virtual difficulty thing they had you do to determine your difficulty setting in 09 I think, and the rewind feature as well.

They spend all this time on these features and then pull them the next year, instead of working on core features that fans are screaming for. That's what makes MLB The Show and NBA 2K so great, and EA sports football series' just mediocre (in my opinion)
Old 04-18-2013, 09:57 PM   #23
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: NCAA Football 14 Gameplay Hands-On

"On a passing play, I saw a taller receiver against my 2 shorter defensive backs out jump them both to come down with a nice catch. The wide receiver then spun away and took off for a good 10 yards before my defenders caught back up to him. While you could tell the wide out was the taller of all three that jumped, it would have been nice to see more of a battle for the ball between the players. Instead it was the same old 3 players jumping straight up with no real interaction between them. The outcome of the play was realistic, but would have loved to see some more physical interaction between the players, whether that be all three players jostling for position or the defensive backs trying to swat the ball away."

On the subject of WR/DB interaction I do have a question that would be nice to get an answer for between now and the time M25 starts its' playbook. Why can't the IE 2 augment/effect the ball carrier on a jump catch or INT when landing?

The bigger issue is IE 2 not effecting every player, ALL the time but for M13 we were shown this comparison between M12 without IE and M13 with IE. In that comparison, the IE in M13 allowed the players to collide and effect each other midair instead of clipping through like in M12. Considering that, why don't any of these midair collisions result in players falling down or stumbling when landing, instead of hitting the ground running? I ask hoping something can be done about this before release of NCAA 14 and if not, maybe before release of M25.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwFkW3GEKws

It's at around the 2:20 mark in this video and considering that thing Victor Lugo mentioned about tension and balance, I would think this could be tuned to allow for receivers and defenders to stumble, fall down, be undercut, etc, on catches/ints, like they can any other time they carry the ball.

Last edited by Big FN Deal; 04-18-2013 at 10:17 PM.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:07 PM   #24
Rookie

tanchl's Arena

OVR: 2
Lost me at "no real improvements in the penalties" area. Why can't penalties be done realistically?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »