Home

Madden NFL 25 Cover Vote Championship: Barry Sanders vs. Adrian Peterson

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Cover Vote Championship: Barry Sanders vs. Adrian Peterson within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2013, 10:46 PM   #17
Rookie

Cleveland Rocks's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 25 Cover Vote Championship: Barry Sanders vs. Adrian Peterson

They should just put both on the cover if AP wins this it will be anticlimax. I think the result are fudged I don't see Hillis situation happening again.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:05 PM   #18
Pro

Trick13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
I don't see how these running backs got more votes than multiple Superbowl winning Qb's, Jerry Rice, and Dion Sanders, it don't add up.
His early retirement actually cemented his legendary status. People wanted more than he gave and still ask him why he did it all these years later. I am not surprised that he is in the finals.

Montana, Rice, even Sanders all played until you could see they were actually mere mortals. Barry left in his prime and that creates a certain longing all by itself.

I would rather have E. Smith any day and twice on Sunday.

Smith is the only running back to ever win a Super Bowl championship, the NFL Most Valuable Player award, the NFL rushing crown, and the Super Bowl Most Valuable Player award all in the same season (1993). He is also one of only four running backs to lead the NFL in rushing three or more consecutive seasons, joining Steve Van Buren, Jim Brown and Earl Campbell. Smith led the league in rushing and won the Super Bowl in the same year three times (1992, 1993, and 1995) when to that point it had never been done. Smith is also one of only two non-kickers in NFL history to score more than 1,000 career points (the other being Jerry Rice).
Old 04-19-2013, 12:19 AM   #19
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

That's nice but it's not what any of this is about. It's not the best player ever on the cover, just as March Madness isn't about the best team in March. It's about the best from each bracket. In this case, Sanders only had to be better than Rice, Montana, Ray Lewis, Marcus Allen and Ron Rivera while Peterson just needed to be better than RG3, Foster, Gronk, LeSean McCoy and Palmer.

I guess they had Peterson beat Foster after showing Foster in the initial press photos to throw off the conspiracy guys.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:34 AM   #20
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

if you remember seeing barry you'll love him. everyone loved barry if he ate your team up it was cool cause that was barry. I voted for barry i hope he gets it
Old 04-19-2013, 12:42 AM   #21
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Second year in a row I'm going to have to buy a game with a rival player on the cover.

So not cool. I miss the days of Peyton Hillis.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2013, 12:46 AM   #22
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Just put Barry on the cover. It's an anniversary Madden, makes sense to have a legend on it. Either way I don't really care and I'll continue to refuse to believe it's not a completely fixed marketing ploy.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:48 AM   #23
Pro

Tongue in cheek here....

I'm beginning to think the cover voting is about as authentic as Madden gameplay. lol
Old 04-19-2013, 02:00 AM   #24
Rookie

darknmild's Arena

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Osprey
Tongue in cheek here....

I'm beginning to think the cover voting is about as authentic as Madden gameplay. lol
very good point

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »