Home

NHL 14 Fact Sheet and Screenshots

This is a discussion on NHL 14 Fact Sheet and Screenshots within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2013, 10:08 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NHL 14 Fact Sheet and Screenshots

Big hits. Real fights. Unbelievable speed and skill. NHL® 14 brings together the best technology and features in the EA SPORTS™ label to deliver hockey at its finest.

Check out all the new NHL 14 screenshots, right here.

Deliver game-changing hits with cutting-edge NHL® Collision Physics, built from FIFA’s revolutionary Player Impact Engine. Drop the gloves with the all-new Enforcer Engine, powered by Fight Night technology. Dangle defenders with all-new One-Touch Dekes and experience a new level of speed and control with the second season of the critically-acclaimed True Performance Skating.

Unleash the aggression, speed and skill of NHL hockey powered by a generation of EA SPORTS innovation.

Key Features

Gameplay Features
  • NHL® Collision Physics –Developed from the same core technology that powers EA SPORTS FIFATM’s critically-acclaimed Player Impact Engine, NHL® Collision Physics introduces bigger, more thrilling hits, and truer-to-life collisions. A new left-stick control scheme makes delivering a game-changing hit simpler than ever.

• Enforcer Engine – Powered by EA SPORTS Fight Night® technology, the Enforcer Engine brings an all-new 3rd-person presentation where every player on the ice is LIVE! Now, you and your linemates (human or CPU) interact from the drop of the gloves to trip to the penalty box, with no break in the action. Fight Night technology delivers, for the first in the EA SPORTS NHL franchise, true size and strength differentiation between players, new jostling mechanics and much more to create the most authentic and electrifying fighting experience yet.

• True Performance Skating – Built on the breakthrough innovation that introduced physics-based skating and over 1000 new skating animations to the EA SPORTS NHL franchise. The second year of the True Performance Skating features improved acceleration, explosive first-strides, quicker pivots and enhanced lateral skating, resulting in greater player responsiveness and unprecedented control.

• One-Touch Dekes – Experience what it feels like to be a superstar through a new, more responsive deking system controlled simply with the left stick and one-button. From beginners to advanced players, the new controls allows for quicker reactive dekes and intuitive combination dekes, creating more moves than ever before.
Modes & Settings:
  • Live the Life Mode – The evolution of the Be a Pro Career Mode, now you can now truly Live the Life of an NHL player. On or off the ice, every decision you make shapes your legacy as an athlete. Interact with teammates outside of the rink. Take part in media interviews. Each choice you make will affect your relationship with fans, teammates and management, influencing your skills and progression.

• HUT & EASHL Online Seasons – NHL 14 adds the best-in-class promotion and relegation system in the sports category to the Hockey Ultimate Team & EA SPORTS Hockey League modes. Win games and advance to the next division to face tougher competition, fall short and see your team bumped down. Teams will be able to track their progress across multiple seasons.

Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2013, 10:21 AM   #2
Banned

kylefoley94's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NHL 14 Fact Sheet and Screenshots

I think I am most excited by the new fight engine because it seems to be promising compared to what the current engine is, hopefully this game is great
Old 04-19-2013, 10:23 AM   #3
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11
The one picture of the fight looks great. While one fight is going on, there's more pushing and shoving going on in the background. Nice!
Old 04-19-2013, 10:31 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 13
I like the idea of a new fighting engine, but I was really hoping for an improvement to the BeAGM mode, especially being able to see players' complete career stats, awards and cups won, etc, and see team's rosters. Unless they are making changes they didn't discuss already?
Old 04-19-2013, 10:44 AM   #5
Rookie

onac22's Arena

OVR: 5
First screneshot shows same old deke and same old defensive problems. They aren't even facing the right way.

But cool we can fight now for thirty seconds fo a sixty minute game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2013, 12:15 PM   #6
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

This is extremely disappointing so far. First of all according to Littman it's going to be easier to pull off dekes. Why? How many times in the NHL do you actual see a guy dangle around players? Very very rarely. If it happens it's Datsyuk, Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin and a few others. Even they don't pull off something like this all that often. Now he said you can use the old dekeing system but here we go to catering to the casuals yet again. Something is too hard and they have to make something easier. Why wouldn't they have done this in NHL 07 when the controls were first put in the game. Obviously this won't be seen in action until gameplay videos come out, but for now it doesn't sound so good.

As for fighting, just another gimmick for something that takes 30 seconds in a game that should actually focus on the playing aspect. I don't even need to say more.

With hitting, I really really like the change. In fact I've wanted them to go to this style for a couple years now. To me a collision should happen whenever two players just bump into each other, not because you press a button. With the tuners last year that came out, I think we actually saw this in NHL 13. Often times when running into another player I would feel the impact without even having to hit the RS.

As of now, I can say I absolutely will not be purchasing the game. Until this game adopts more aspects of hockey, like offsides, boardplay, smarter AI, and a new goaltending system, I am done. They have no mentioning of better AI or more AI sliders and that is a killer for NHL 14. I will definitely wait to see gameplay videos and a demo before making drastic conclusions like I kind of am, but right now this game will not be purchased. It will be the first time I haven't bought an EA hockey game since 98.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Old 04-19-2013, 12:45 PM   #7
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

wait...wait...wait..... you mean it took 1 year for EA to:

1. Copy Fifa's collision and infused it to NHL 14
2. Copy FN fighting into NHL 14 (although i want to see improvements in the fighting)

So basically NHL 14 is a copy of NHL 13, FIFA and FN infused together?

dont want to sound like a prick...but if EA will not improve on: Presentation, AI defense IQ, BaGM offline, goal celebration (team) etc. IM NOT GOING TO BUY this game. The ONLY part that intrigues me is the BAP which is really need some love and attention. But i'll not buy this just for BAP.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:13 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 2
please add goalie fatigue.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »