Home

More Details on the NHL 14 Enforcer Engine

This is a discussion on More Details on the NHL 14 Enforcer Engine within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2013, 11:05 PM   #1
Rookie

whoisdo's Arena

OVR: 2
More Details on the NHL 14 Enforcer Engine

EA Sports has revealed some more details on the NHL 14 Enforcer Engine.
  • All-new Third Person Presentation: Say goodbye to the first person fighting system that was introduced in NHL 10. The Enforcer Engine brings an all-new authentic third person experience that will never break you away from the on-ice action.
  • Post-Fight Celebrations: Fights are intense. Winning a fight is electrifying. You will celebrate the thrill of winning a fight by engaging the crowd or taunting your opponent.
  • Everyone is Live: No more first person fighting mini-game where everyone leaves the ice. Players on the ice will interact with each other, pairing off and jostling. The ref will also be a part of the action.
  • Real Fight Damage: Theblack eyes, bruising and lumps you take in a fight will last throughout the game. NHL hockey can be a battle. Now you’ll have the scars to prove it.
Source - EA SPORTS details fighting changes in 'NHL 14' (GoodGameBro)
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2013, 11:17 PM   #2
Rookie

Storm12's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NHL 14 changing more than just the view for fighting

It will be put into otp, although nobody really fights in otp (They are all pest who can't fight ala sean avery). No need to worry about it not being put into otp.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:44 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 24

Big deal. If I wanted that, I'd buy Fight Night.

After I see it once just to see, I'll probably turn fighting off anyway. This is almost as bad a "new feature" as breaking glass..

Call me uninspired thus far.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:39 AM   #4
Pro

JezFranco's Arena

OVR: 6

I wouldn't mind if fighting turned from zero fun, to even remotely entertaining.
Fighting is a way to change the pace of the game, and give your team a slight edge on some occasions... so while I'm not screaming of joy for an overhauld fighting mechanic, every change is for the better.

Thank you EA - This game is officially better than sex
Old 04-22-2013, 09:28 AM   #5
Rookie

whoisdo's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JezFranco
I wouldn't mind if fighting turned from zero fun, to even remotely entertaining.
Fighting is a way to change the pace of the game, and give your team a slight edge on some occasions... so while I'm not screaming of joy for an overhauld fighting mechanic, every change is for the better.
I find myself only getting into fights when I accidentally hit the goalie after the play stops, or if I try and poke the puck out & it triggers a fight with the goalie (someone else jumps in, usually).

Fighting works decently well for my club, as we'll find the best player on the opposing team and try to take him/her out if they're getting too many scoring chances. They typically don't take the bait at first, but if you provoke them enough... they do. I'll gladly sacrifice a defender for 5 minutes when we can take out someone with the ability to score 2+ goals a game.

I'm not a big fan of the FP fighting now, so I'm glad to see the changes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2013, 11:46 AM   #6
Rookie

Rhouston's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Big deal. If I wanted that, I'd buy Fight Night.

After I see it once just to see, I'll probably turn fighting off anyway. This is almost as bad a "new feature" as breaking glass..

Call me uninspired thus far.
I feel like a lot of people might feel this way because of how crappy fights in the NHL series have been. So as most people skip or turn off fighting in the recent editions, there's that temptation to do the same with NHL 14.

However to compare a brand new fighting engine to being able to break glass is like comparing apples to staples -- eating one is good for you; the other, not so much...

Fighting is a large part of the hockey experience (there's a reason why it's tolerated in this sport and not in others...) and can get a team and an entire arena that little extra "umph", whereas the broken glass is just there for "realism" sake (although it doesn't happen too often in the real game), and ultimately slows the game down.

If EA does this right and allows fighting to impact a team's performance (as well as having the CPU induce a fight now and then), then I think this could be pretty cool.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:01 PM   #7
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: More Details on the NHL 14 Enforcer Engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhouston
I feel like a lot of people might feel this way because of how crappy fights in the NHL series have been. So as most people skip or turn off fighting in the recent editions, there's that temptation to do the same with NHL 14.

However to compare a brand new fighting engine to being able to break glass is like comparing apples to staples -- eating one is good for you; the other, not so much...

Fighting is a large part of the hockey experience (there's a reason why it's tolerated in this sport and not in others...) and can get a team and an entire arena that little extra "umph", whereas the broken glass is just there for "realism" sake (although it doesn't happen too often in the real game), and ultimately slows the game down.

If EA does this right and allows fighting to impact a team's performance (as well as having the CPU induce a fight now and then), then I think this could be pretty cool.
Exactly and I hope it isnt over blown in determining gameplay kind of like how scea uses pitcher confidence .
Old 04-22-2013, 01:18 PM   #8
MVP

ps3veron's Arena

OVR: 11
Love the Real Fight Damage option. Really thought that once I bruised another player, he would re-appear like he just had a nose job!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »