Home

NHL 14 Fact Sheet and Screenshots

This is a discussion on NHL 14 Fact Sheet and Screenshots within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2013, 06:54 PM   #9
Banned

tfer717's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 14 Fact Sheet and Screenshots

If EA doesn't show any presentation improvements im going to be livid. Do they not realize how terrible the celebrations make the game look?
Old 04-20-2013, 10:27 AM   #10
ORIGINAL SIX FAN

13whitebread's Arena

OVR: 15
Unhappy Re: NHL 14 Fact Sheet and Screenshots

YAWN. The series needs more freshness it has gotten very stale the last few years. The Red Wings changing conferenceses might help me get through NHL14 untill next gen.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:51 AM   #11
Rookie

born dead's Arena

Yeah, looks like a cheap attempt to bring in the soccer and UFC fans.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2013, 01:58 PM   #12
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Sounds like a nice start. hope they can get new commentary in this year.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:53 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
This is extremely disappointing so far. First of all according to Littman it's going to be easier to pull off dekes. Why? How many times in the NHL do you actual see a guy dangle around players? Very very rarely. If it happens it's Datsyuk, Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin and a few others. Even they don't pull off something like this all that often. Now he said you can use the old dekeing system but here we go to catering to the casuals yet again. Something is too hard and they have to make something easier. Why wouldn't they have done this in NHL 07 when the controls were first put in the game. Obviously this won't be seen in action until gameplay videos come out, but for now it doesn't sound so good.

As for fighting, just another gimmick for something that takes 30 seconds in a game that should actually focus on the playing aspect. I don't even need to say more.

With hitting, I really really like the change. In fact I've wanted them to go to this style for a couple years now. To me a collision should happen whenever two players just bump into each other, not because you press a button. With the tuners last year that came out, I think we actually saw this in NHL 13. Often times when running into another player I would feel the impact without even having to hit the RS.

As of now, I can say I absolutely will not be purchasing the game. Until this game adopts more aspects of hockey, like offsides, boardplay, smarter AI, and a new goaltending system, I am done. They have no mentioning of better AI or more AI sliders and that is a killer for NHL 14. I will definitely wait to see gameplay videos and a demo before making drastic conclusions like I kind of am, but right now this game will not be purchased. It will be the first time I haven't bought an EA hockey game since 98.
What HE said +++++1.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:16 AM   #14
Rookie

Reiny09's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
Sounds like a nice start. hope they can get new commentary in this year.
I would say that is highly unlikely this year. It would have been one of these "big" features that they just announced if we were getting new commentary.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:54 PM   #15
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

I guess I'll just give up trying to give input for the devs' benefit, it doesn't seem to make a difference...

The skating and physics are good, but fighting and dekeing? come on.

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2013, 10:18 PM   #16
Rookie

Reiny09's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher_guy
I guess I'll just give up trying to give input for the devs' benefit, it doesn't seem to make a difference...

The skating and physics are good, but fighting and dekeing? come on.
And even the skating and physics aren't going to matter if they're just going to tweak the crap out of it after a bunch of 14 year olds complain that online is too slow and low scoring like they always do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »