Home

Madden NFL 25 - Looking at Five Major Areas in the Running Game (MyMaddenPad)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 - Looking at Five Major Areas in the Running Game (MyMaddenPad) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2013, 09:17 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Madden NFL 25 - Looking at Five Major Areas in the Running Game (MyMaddenPad)

MyMaddenPad has posted five major areas in the running game that were addressed in Madden NFL 25.

Quote:
Today EA SPORTS revealed the new “Run Free” mechanic in Madden NFL 25 that will have you juking, hurdling, stiff arming and spin moving down the field as the run game finally gets a much needed upgrade and attention. Now I’m a running type player by nature so I was still able to run but last year was a lot frustrating because of the new Infinity Engine that had Adrian Peterson falling down just from running into the back of his lineman. Now with the new Infinity Engine 2.0 you won’t have that problem, but what’s even more impressive to me is the “Precision Modifier” that will have even the most pass happy player wanting to run just a tad bit more.

The “Precision Modifier” allows you to pull off 30 new moves for the ball carriers (including QB out of the pocket and defenders with the ball) and string together combos that could leave defenders grabbing air.

There are five major areas of focus that EA SPORTS paid close attention to when it came to the run game.
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2013, 09:25 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
That sounds great actually.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:29 PM   #3
Rookie

BV11's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Run Free with Madden NFL 25 All New Precision Modifier

Well it sounds good in writing. Unfortunately Madden isn't played in writing. The trailer didn't look good to me. I will need to see it more in motion before I can truly judge, but my expectations are not very high.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:31 PM   #4
Pro

jp7588's Arena

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Article
Acceleration Burst

Auto sprint is now out.* No longer is there an auto sprint, which I never liked and neither did the gameplay team when they talked about revamping the running game.* I’ve always felt like having auto sprint on took away another weapon that I could use to be extra shifty or to get to that gear that you didn’t see coming and letting the CPU decide.* Just never worked for me and this new “Acceleration Burst” is exactly what I was looking for in more ways than one.* The right trigger is the “Acceleration Burst” and what is great is it is tied with a new stamina system that they’ve put into Madden NFL 25; which we’ll get to later.* The “Acceleration Burst” now allows me to set up my blockers or to stutter and then accelerate around a corner on toss plays.* It really felt good to gain a burst like you see in the NFL and it really adds another dimension to running game. It’s not over powered and sometimes you don’t realize it it’s there until you use it, but when you do you can feel your guy accelerate through the whole.
Is this turkey not just describing the turbo/sprint button AKA how it had always freakin been until a couple years ago?

W. T. F.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-24-2013, 09:33 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 2

Sounds better than the developer blog, but I have trouble trusting the game changers after they didn't mention any of the bugs in CCM last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2013, 09:38 PM   #6
Rookie

MARKYMARKMAGIC's Arena

OVR: 2

The player model of Peyton Manning in that screenshot just looks goofy.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:38 PM   #7
Pro

TurboTitan's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp7588
Is this turkey not just describing the turbo/sprint button AKA how it had always freakin been until a couple years ago?

W. T. F.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Exactly. Sell an old feature as "new"......like clock work.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:39 PM   #8
Rookie

BlackJack_Williams's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BV11
Well it sounds good in writing. Unfortunately Madden isn't played in writing. The trailer didn't look good to me. I will need to see it more in motion before I can truly judge, but my expectations are not very high.
I just thought the exact same thing as I finished reading the article. It SOUNDS great but we will have to see how the execution turns out.
Playing right now: Rocket League
Games Looking forward to: Moving to PS4 lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »