Home

Madden NFL 25 - Looking at Five Major Areas in the Running Game (MyMaddenPad)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 - Looking at Five Major Areas in the Running Game (MyMaddenPad) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2013, 09:45 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Run Free with Madden NFL 25 All New Precision Modifier

Quote:
Madden NFL 25 now has authentic hard cuts at 45, 90, 135, and 180 degree angles to eliminate the swerve, the zig zag, and the unrealistic running.
2 articles now that have said that Zigzag running is no more.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:47 PM   #10
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Sounds a lot like what fifa tries to do with their dribbling mechanic.

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru
Old 04-24-2013, 09:52 PM   #11
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

these may turn out to be solid improvements, but EA just kills themselves with their marketing campaign to the casual fans. They aren't the ones reading your blogs EA. I don't want to hear about crazy combo moves and heat seeker tackling wtf.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2013, 09:58 PM   #12
Formerly simon48xbox

The_Balm's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack_Williams
I just thought the exact same thing as I finished reading the article. It SOUNDS great but we will have to see how the execution turns out.
Well, at least it's sounds good, compared the EA blogs and trailer, which sounded and LOOKED so, very, very, bad.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:27 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

it does sound good, though the burst feature is what I thought auto sprint was for/ created to do. but if auto-sprint is gone and the right trigger is for the burst...whats the normal sprint button?
Old 04-25-2013, 08:46 AM   #14
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondsolution
Sounds better than the developer blog, but I have trouble trusting the game changers after they didn't mention any of the bugs in CCM last year.
Remember, two of the three articles played a pre-alpha build.

The GCers can't control what the final product is vs when they played a pre-alpha build in February.

Same was said a few years ago when OS folks went down for CD. What they saw in April wasn't part of the final product in August.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:24 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Acceleration Burst Auto sprint is now out.* No longer is there an auto sprint, which I never liked and neither did the gameplay team when they talked about revamping the running game.* I’ve always felt like having auto sprint on took away another weapon that I could use to be extra shifty or to get to that gear that you didn’t see coming and letting the CPU decide.* Just never worked for me and this new “Acceleration Burst” is exactly what I was looking for in more ways than one.* The right trigger is the “Acceleration Burst” and what is great is it is tied with a new stamina system that they’ve put into Madden NFL 25; which we’ll get to later.* The “Acceleration Burst” now allows me to set up my blockers or to stutter and then accelerate around a corner on toss plays.* It really felt good to gain a burst like you see in the NFL and it really adds another dimension to running game. It’s not over powered and sometimes you don’t realize it it’s there until you use it, but when you do you can feel your guy accelerate through the whole.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp7588
Is this turkey not just describing the turbo/sprint button AKA how it had always freakin been until a couple years ago?

W. T. F.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
The old "speed burst" and the "accelerator button" are actually different.

If you didn't press "speed burst" you would only run about 90% of your top speed. When you did press it you would run 100%.

The way I believe the new "accelerator button" works is if you never press the button will eventually get to 100% of your top speed. When you press the button you will get to 100% of your top speed faster.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2013, 09:27 AM   #16
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

I'm happy to see foot planting has been introduce. It does worry me that they specifically mention 45, 90, 135 & 180 changes in direction. Does that mean there are no animations for anything in between?

Acceleration burst? I'm guessing the difference between this & speed burst is that it's short lived. Is speed burst in the game or does a full push on the stick = sprint?

Precision modifier sounds cool if the normal foot planting works. I was hoping for controls similar to 2K BB where you can pull off moves with just the sticks & modify from there. But if the foot planting works and allows for cuts & jab steps, there's actually 3 layers of moves instead of 2.

Sounds like they only did half the job with the blocking. Good that they worked on the assignments & recognition, but what about the animations? Engaged player mobility? How will all this new running look with all the blockers/defenders patty caking, stuck in mud?

And I hope they took the eyes off the back of blocker's heads so they're not changing directions with the RB they can't see.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »