Home

NHL 14 Fact Sheet and Screenshots

This is a discussion on NHL 14 Fact Sheet and Screenshots within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2013, 02:34 AM   #17
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NHL 14 Fact Sheet and Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher_guy
I guess I'll just give up trying to give input for the devs' benefit, it doesn't seem to make a difference...

The skating and physics are good, but fighting and dekeing? come on.
sometimes it surprises me too....why on earth im wasting my emotions and time writing my comments about this half-hearted effort of EA to the game i most love. sigh!!!
Old 04-24-2013, 10:46 AM   #18
MVP

CubFan23's Arena

OVR: 23

This series is quickly going the way of Madden. Can someone else please make an NHL or NFL game and breathe some new life in video games of these great sports!

Seriously, the big news is a new fighting engine? Let's enhance something that doesn't even happen in every real game?! ( this is almost up there as far as bad goes with the Madden team's announcement of a uniform fashion critic tweet feature?OMFG!) There are soooo many more features to address before this, how about goalie fatigue, new animations, presentations, announcing, trade AI, scouting, or how about enhancing goal celebrations, something that actually takes place every game.

“I knew when my career was over. In 1965 my baseball card came out with no picture".
- Bob Uecker

Last edited by CubFan23; 04-24-2013 at 10:55 AM.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:12 PM   #19
MVP

Ninjoid's Arena

OVR: 16

Hopefully the new fight engine will mean that the cpu will instigate fights rather than it just being left to the user. The lack of fights in cpu v cpu games was a killer for this mode - hopefully this is fixed with the new engine.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:32 AM   #20
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjoid
Hopefully the new fight engine will mean that the cpu will instigate fights rather than it just being left to the user. The lack of fights in cpu v cpu games was a killer for this mode - hopefully this is fixed with the new engine.
Obviously I'd prefer they work on gameplay, etc, but if they have to spend time on fixing up the fighting engine (which was needed), I hope they go the full monty.
Like you said, have the CPU start fights. It'd also be cool if you could be a spectator of a fight on the ice, and even instigate one while another is going.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:48 AM   #21
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

EA for sure needs to improve the fighting in their series. Fighting is part of the game and EA ignored this side of the game for many years (bench is empty during the scrum and players on ice are non-existence as well). But fighting engine, IMHO, is not enough for me to shed my hard earned cash. Without significant improvement in gameplay, BaGM (offline) and presentation....im staying away from NHL 14. Perhaps its time to play other games for awhile.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »