Home

FIFA Soccer 14 Debuts, Sports Tons of New Features

This is a discussion on FIFA Soccer 14 Debuts, Sports Tons of New Features within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2013, 01:13 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: FIFA Soccer 14 Debuts, Sports Tons of New Features

While of course the defending and tactics are big issues that need fixing, one easy add I always wish for is the ability to edit/expand your park in career. There is nothing more annoying than promoting a lower league club and still have them in a tiny stadium. You should be able to save funds and build new stands in the off-season. Super easy and would add so much to me. Also just being able to build your own stadium from the start instead of all the generics would be good too.
Old 04-27-2013, 02:52 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnotherGamer
There is nothing more annoying than promoting a lower league club and still have them in a tiny stadium.
Why not switch to a larger stadium before starting your career?
Old 04-27-2013, 08:46 PM   #19
JJT
MVP

JJT's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
Why not switch to a larger stadium before starting your career?
He means throughout the career, getting promoted a few times, then having the ability to upgrade the stadium and so forth.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:31 AM   #20
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJT
He means throughout the career, getting promoted a few times, then having the ability to upgrade the stadium and so forth.
Sure, it would be great to have a number of additional features. But if it bothers him that his team is still playing in a small stadium after being promoted to the top tier, then the easy and simple solution is to switch to a larger stadium before starting his career. Me, I don't see that as an issue. How many real-life clubs automatically build new and bigger stadiums after they're promoted? Doesn't happen.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:38 PM   #21
JJT
MVP

JJT's Arena

OVR: 4

Still dont think you understand. For realism you start with the small stadium you have. 10 years down the line, if you have turned your team into a title contender in the premier league, then I assume your no longer playing in a 5000 person stadium. This is when you should be able to upgrade or build a new stadium for your club.

Your not going to assume you will be a giant club and choose a 75,000 person stadium in league 2 lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2013, 10:44 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJT
Still dont think you understand. For realism you start with the small stadium you have. 10 years down the line, if you have turned your team into a title contender in the premier league, then I assume your no longer playing in a 5000 person stadium. This is when you should be able to upgrade or build a new stadium for your club.

Your not going to assume you will be a giant club and choose a 75,000 person stadium in league 2 lol
BTW, this is what I do. I change at the start of a career but then you are playing in a 40K stadium in League 1. Looks strange. Would be better if you could grow with your status.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:18 AM   #23
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJT
Still dont think you understand. For realism you start with the small stadium you have. 10 years down the line, if you have turned your team into a title contender in the premier league, then I assume your no longer playing in a 5000 person stadium.
I understand, and I'm saying that doesn't happen. Smaller clubs in the EPL play in their smaller stadiums, that's the norm. And the smallest stadium in FIFA is 20,000, so we're not talking tiny 5000 seaters here.

Last edited by Yeats; 04-29-2013 at 09:24 AM.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:22 AM   #24
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnotherGamer
Would be better if you could grow with your status.
Would be, yes. And I'll add that to my list of "Things that would be nice to finally see in FIFA" which I've been compiling for a decade now...

#183: Ability to switch/expand home stadium in career mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »