Home

Madden NFL 25 Gameplay Roundtable (UTC)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Gameplay Roundtable (UTC) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2013, 12:35 PM   #9
EA Game Changer

CoreySA's Arena

OVR: 4
I haven't played the game as of yet, but what I can say is that I'll be playing the game very soon. More of my focus will be on CCM, but my hope is to get a good handle on the gameplay as well. Once I've got my time in, you can expect me to be around here more and more to communicate some things.

I also have a thread up in the wishlist section in regards to CCM feedback, so feel free to add to it if there's anything you want me to bring up. Think about adding it sooner rather than later

I'll take all of your questions into account and report back once I have some hands-on. Cool?
Old 04-29-2013, 12:48 PM   #10
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 25 Gameplay Roundtable (UTC)

"Madden had the best overall player movement on the PS2/Xbox era of gaming. EA needs to take from that and make something better than anything else that was ever produced in the past. There was no such thing as “zig-zag running”, “route mirroring”, or “hummingbird movement” back then, it definitely shouldn’t be there now, especially when you’re talking about realism and authenticity."

PS2 Madden had the best player movement? No route mirroring on PS2? No zig zag running?

Whaaaat?
Old 04-29-2013, 12:52 PM   #11
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
"Madden had the best overall player movement on the PS2/Xbox era of gaming. EA needs to take from that and make something better than anything else that was ever produced in the past. There was no such thing as “zig-zag running”, “route mirroring”, or “hummingbird movement” back then, it definitely shouldn’t be there now, especially when you’re talking about realism and authenticity."

PS2 Madden had the best player movement? No route mirroring on PS2? No zig zag running?

Whaaaat?
Yes he's absolutely right, player movement was much better before the 360/PS3 versions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2013, 01:01 PM   #12
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Yes he's absolutely right, player movement was much better before the 360/PS3 versions.
Better than horrible does not equal the best.

And there is very much so route mirroring on PS2, and zig zag running. It is possible to shake the entire 11 man kickoff team, multiple times, on one kickoff return, without employing a single special move from a button or right stick on PS2. I know because I have done it many times, and have multiple friends that could do it at will as well.

And the term psychic DB's was in use before this generation.

The movement, animations, and momentum on PS2 was terrible. Just not AS terrible as now.

I must be older than all of you or something.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:12 PM   #13
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
Better than horrible does not equal the best.

And there is very much so route mirroring on PS2, and zig zag running. It is possible to shake the entire 11 man kickoff team, multiple times, on one kickoff return, without employing a single special move from a button or right stick on PS2. I know because I have done it many times, and have multiple friends that could do it at will as well.

And the term psychic DB's was in use before this generation.

The movement, animations, and momentum on PS2 was terrible. Just not AS terrible as now.

I must be older than all of you or something.
Nah I started playing Madden in 92
Old 04-29-2013, 01:29 PM   #14
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Nah I started playing Madden in 92
Madden has always been behind in animations to it's competitors.

It had worse animations than Joe Montana. Worse animations than Gameday. Worse than 2K. Worse than... well there isn't anything for it to be worse than now, but if there was, I can assure you it would be. The same goes for it's basketball games, tennis games, Baseball games.. let's just put it out there, EA Sports in general has a very bad track record for animation tech. And player models, but's that's a whole other can of worms. I have no idea how, because none of the others have anywhere near the resources put into Mo-Cap that EA does.

Last gen animations at the very least did not suffer the OBVIOUS hitching in rendering that the current gen does, but that, in and of itself, doesn't make them realistic.

It's just bizarre. They use state of the art motion capture to capture movement. What exactly is their technology and or process that it comes out looking the way that it does? I seriously can't see how it would be possible for a mo-cap actor to run hunched over like that without falling over unless he was in a wire harness...

Maybe I'm onto something lol.

Last edited by Only1LT; 04-29-2013 at 01:33 PM.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:58 PM   #15
Banned

californ14's Arena

OVR: 6

I am a little concerned or maybe misunderstand the defensive "Breakdown" for tackles....I like what is being said, but will it mean that all tacklers will breakdown all the time, thus eliminating the ability to hit a player full speed? As obviously, players do hit at full speed at times as well as breaking down all based on situation at the time...I just hope Breakdown allows for full speed hits too...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2013, 03:30 PM   #16
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by californ14
I am a little concerned or maybe misunderstand the defensive "Breakdown" for tackles....I like what is being said, but will it mean that all tacklers will breakdown all the time, thus eliminating the ability to hit a player full speed? As obviously, players do hit at full speed at times as well as breaking down all based on situation at the time...I just hope Breakdown allows for full speed hits too...
From what I gathered(?) "Breaking Down" will be activated via the left trigger. I would assume that if you didn't use the button, that you would still run full speed to the tackle and would risk how successful it would be...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »