Home

NCAA Football 14 Presentation Video with Ben Haumiller Introduces Skills Trainer

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Presentation Video with Ben Haumiller Introduces Skills Trainer within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2013, 11:17 PM   #1
Rookie

TryHard_Nation's Arena

OVR: 12
NCAA Football 14 Presentation Video with Ben Haumiller Introduces Skills Trainer

During a recent interview with Machinima, Producer Ben Haumiller introduces the Skills Trainer for NCAA Football 14, which teaches players some of new gameplay mechanics. No word on whether it will be similar to FIFA's version of the skills trainer.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2013, 11:25 PM   #2
Why Not Us?

The_Wise_One's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NCAA Football 14 to feature "Skills Trainer"

Nice find. Would be awesome if it also included off season workouts. Man that dynasty playbook....
Old 04-30-2013, 11:25 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

Never played FIFA but sounds cool.

NFL- BUCCS
NBA- MAGIC
NCCAF- FLA
AFGHANISTAN "2011-12" WAR VET

Redzone League
Cleveland Browns
Season 3 (7-9)
Season 4 (1-0)

Jacksonville Jaguars
Season 6 (0-0)
Old 04-30-2013, 11:26 PM   #4
Rookie

BLACKjersey53's Arena

OVR: 4

I hope they're similar to Fifa's. They'd be great for killing some time when an exibition game is too long or when a commissioner hasn't advanced an OD. Plus, I'm sure I'll have to get used to this speed burst thing.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:49 PM   #5
Banned

Carvis116's Arena

OVR: 0

Great. This game has been lacking tutorials for a while now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2013, 12:32 AM   #6
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard_Nation
According to Ben, in a interview with Machinima, there will be skill trainers that will teach players some of new gameplay mechanics. These will take place in a "State of the Art Nike Practice Facility".

I'm wondering if these Skill trainers will be similar to FIFA's Skill games.
I know this is going to make me be "that guy" but eff it, lol. I read something like the bold, confirming they took the time to add a "state of the art Nike Facility" for skill training, yet they continue to neglect adding something like this, I posted about a year ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
The thing is considering everything I read about disk space not being a problem, I wonder how difficult it would be to just place a Radio City Music Hall outdoor "stadium shot" and loosely scaled set, in the game for the draft.

Then have the the first 32 draft pick's in-game player model walk across the stage, put on their team hat, shake Goodell's hand and hold up their new jersey. For the rest of the draft, if you don't simulate, it could just be some in-game character coming to the podium and announcing names, with some kind of player picture and collegiate stat graphic, like real life.

That would seem to be a basic repetitious feature, that would still seem fresh every draft due to the different player models, in-game graphics and overlays that would be displayed on the screen. They could also use that same template for award shows in NCAA and Madden just replace holding up the jersey with holding up a trophy.

Devs are always talking about adding things that can be built on every year and be used repeatedly, this sounds like it fits the criteria, imo.
That's an in-game model that would used every year of a Dynasty and Franchise. If they can add the Nike facility, I would think they could add this too.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:38 AM   #7
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

I don't play fifa. Is their skills trainer similar to the mini games that used to be in NCAA?
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 05-01-2013, 12:08 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 19
Don't take this wrong, but most young folks that play this game have some type of football experience that's greater than the Dev's that build the game.

From pick-up games, to pee-wee leagues, to Jr High, to high school, to college......
What exactly are they trying to teach that many gamer's already understand from personal experience?
This is why the community picks the game apart.
It's because folks personal experience sees something in the game that's not in-line with realism.

"State of the Art Nike Facility".....
My 1st thought when I hear State of the Art is "Top of the line dynamic/stereo Audio quality"

Here's the big question concerning this area....
Will the Audio/crowd of each stadiums atmosphere match the effort that has been put into this Nike "Practice" facility and the gloves?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »