Home

NCAA Football 14 Presentation Video with Ben Haumiller Introduces Skills Trainer

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Presentation Video with Ben Haumiller Introduces Skills Trainer within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2013, 12:16 PM   #9
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NCAA Football 14 Presentation Video with Ben Haumiller Introduces Skills Trainer

Why would they build a state of the art Nike practice facility just for skill trainers. Could this also be something for dynasty mode like what The_Wise_One said?
Old 05-01-2013, 12:17 PM   #10
Rookie

balljonesjr's Arena

OVR: 8
Amen Khaliib
Old 05-01-2013, 12:40 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: NCAA Football 14 Presentation Video with Ben Haumiller Introduces Skills Trainer

If you really want to bring some "WOW" Dev's....

Allow gamers the ability to inject some sounds over the loudspeaker as they.....are you ready for this?

come out during the pregame and be able to throw the ball around with QB, practice kicking/punting, have players practice their position moves (that are already tied to the controller/sticks)

Basically taking what's already being done on the practice facility and place it inside each stadium as fans start to fill the seats.

There!!!

Use this method for training/practice instead.

You can then start to tie in other elements (story-lines or the impact of injuries on player ratings etc...), rest of team runs/comes out etc...

It would add alot of life to the pre-game and the injection would actually serve a purpose for your time and efforts spent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2013, 12:48 PM   #12
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I applaud any and all tutorial and accessibility additions. Tiburon games have historically lagged behind games across all other genres in this area.

I do like the idea of blending the tutorials with the pre-game warmups. That'd be a nice progression of it going forward.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:09 PM   #13
MVP

CcAaRrSsOoNn3's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: NCAA Football 14 to feature "Skills Trainer"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I don't play fifa. Is their skills trainer similar to the mini games that used to be in NCAA?
A little different.

Pretty much in Fifa, you get 6 different Skills to train with. Such as crossing, penalties etc.

You can play on different skill levels, accumulate points etc.

Nothing fancy ... but doesn't hurt to have it.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:22 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 29

Great idea khaliib.

Also, hoping the state of the art nike facility is somehow involved in a new AD mode where u can upgrade practice facilities/stadiums/uniforms. since they have different ball brands perhaps there's an upgraded facility for each brand as well. Wishful thinking I know.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:14 PM   #15
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Let's get the uniforms sort of close and the gloves but lets really not pay attention to any other part of the uniform such as helmets or facemasks or shoes.

That's what I gathered from this.

Now I KNOW it is hard to keep up with college uniforms as it seems now everyone is making a change or addition every week each year.

That said, there are helmets and facemasks and shoes that have been missing for multiple years and new stuff coming out each year, it would be nice to see them somewhat catch up here.

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2013, 02:51 PM   #16
Rookie

Allpro1414's Arena

OVR: 0
i just wanna know if the Precision Modifier is in the game or not

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »