Home

NCAA Football 14 Presentation Video with Ben Haumiller Introduces Skills Trainer

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Presentation Video with Ben Haumiller Introduces Skills Trainer within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2013, 03:10 PM   #17
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NCAA Football 14 Presentation Video with Ben Haumiller Introduces Skills Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Don't take this wrong, but most young folks that play this game have some type of football experience that's greater than the Dev's that build the game.

From pick-up games, to pee-wee leagues, to Jr High, to high school, to college......
What exactly are they trying to teach that many gamer's already understand from personal experience?
When those Pee-Wee or HS QBs are running the triple option they aren't holding down the "A" button while reading the end and then keeping it held down to give it to the FB or if the DE crashes, letting go of the "A" and then running with the HB and reading the next guy and then either keeping it or hitting "LB" to pitch it to the HB or clicking the "RS" if you wanna fake a pitch to the HB.

I'm sure that's exactly the sort of things that they're trying to teach.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 05-01-2013, 03:52 PM   #18
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NCAA Football 14 Presentation Video with Ben Haumiller Introduces Skills Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
Let's get the uniforms sort of close and the gloves but lets really not pay attention to any other part of the uniform such as helmets or facemasks or shoes.

That's what I gathered from this.

Now I KNOW it is hard to keep up with college uniforms as it seems now everyone is making a change or addition every week each year.

That said, there are helmets and facemasks and shoes that have been missing for multiple years and new stuff coming out each year, it would be nice to see them somewhat catch up here.
Does EVERY thread that includes something new have to come back to cleats and helmets?!?!? Why can't there be just ONE thread that introduces a new feature without someone chiming in about cleats and helmets? Why can't we just discuss the new skills trainer and spitball about what it's going to include or if it's going to be in dynasty in this thread and that's it? Is that too much to ask?

I understand you guys really, really want these things, but seriously, EVERY thread?
Old 05-01-2013, 04:03 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 10

Prob an early build but the hurdle at 1:26...wooof. I mea does EA see the things we see or do they just turn a blind eye
Old 05-01-2013, 04:11 PM   #20
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589
Prob an early build but the hurdle at 1:26...wooof. I mea does EA see the things we see or do they just turn a blind eye
That was a very awkward landing/weird movement right before his feet hit the ground.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:15 PM   #21
Banned

GetReal's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
Does EVERY thread that includes something new have to come back to cleats and helmets?!?!? Why can't there be just ONE thread that introduces a new feature without someone chiming in about cleats and helmets? Why can't we just discuss the new skills trainer and spitball about what it's going to include or if it's going to be in dynasty in this thread and that's it? Is that too much to ask?

I understand you guys really, really want these things, but seriously, EVERY thread?
Ben mentions the uniform in the video. Cleats are now part of the uniform. Its gets a little irritating watching them zoom in near the players feet only to see that cleats were not updated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2013, 04:30 PM   #22
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 05-01-2013, 04:40 PM   #23
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I have no problem with football players hurdling other plays....Just when he was in the air right before landing it looked unusual right at 1:27.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:52 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 10

Yea the hurdle was awesome its just that hiccup/hitch/motion shift before he lands that's looks unnatural

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »