Home

FIFA 14 Blog - Teammate Intelligence

This is a discussion on FIFA 14 Blog - Teammate Intelligence within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2013, 11:19 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
FIFA 14 Blog - Teammate Intelligence

EA Sports have posted another FIFA 14 blog, this one talks about teammate intelligence, including breaking down defenses, recognizing opportunities to support and apply pressure from anywhere on the pitch and more.

Quote:
One of the most memorable moments from the 2006 FIFA World Cup occurred when Argentina strung together 24 passes before scoring a fantastic goal against Serbia and Montenegro. The attackers knew exactly where they should be to open up the opposition and they executed flawlessly.

With Teammate Intelligence in FIFA 14, players will have better decision-making and teams will play smarter on both the attack and defense to bring the beauty of the game to life.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2013, 04:18 PM   #2

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: FIFA 14 Blog - Teammate Intelligence

"Tighter marking and more pressure" = good news. Now we just need to hope that the impact engine has been improved, and the CPU tacklers aren't as perfect as they were in 12-13, otherwise the CPU tackles-to-fouls ratio will be even more unrealistic. I mean, we all know that the CPU pressures more when they are down by 1 goal at the 80 minute, the problem is they aren't properly punished for that aggressiveness via fouls/cards.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:09 PM   #3
MVP

UK0wnag3's Arena

OVR: 14

Smarter runs by attackers? Pretty sure this was a new feature last year. FWIW I actually thought it worked pretty well.

Fingers crossed the defensive promises are met.
Arizona Cardinals
Phoenix Suns
Twitter
Old 05-02-2013, 08:07 PM   #4
JJT
MVP

JJT's Arena

OVR: 4

Ill have to see it to believe it. Always hear things like this and they dont pan out, but I really hope they do.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:50 PM   #5
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

this development team has done well at keeping promises and overall improving the game. they are going in the right direction, and I feel it won't be long till they can rival mlb the show.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2013, 11:23 AM   #6
Rookie

pfgosher's Arena

OVR: 0
@dubcity u r right. I have seen CPU players just push aside my players and take the ball n still they r not punished. Also they just keep on pushing my players even though i try to move left-right or up-down to just get away with them but they just stick to my players.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:00 PM   #7
Pro

NightmareBooster's Arena

OVR: 2

What I hope happens, and I'm sure this is asking for too much, is for the AI defenders to react more realistically. I don't really have a problem with the marking as it is now because I don't feel that it should be simple to break down a defender but being able to mark AND tackle perfectly is too much. When a CPU uses a well-timed move on me I totally bite because I don't see it coming, as it should be. The instances of me doing the same to the CPU are few and far in between as they react immediately to whatever I do.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:54 AM   #8
MVP

ps3veron's Arena

OVR: 11
I still remember that Argentina game! Can't wait to hear more.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »