Home

Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: Episode 22 - NCAA Ultimate Team Mode Interview

This is a discussion on Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: Episode 22 - NCAA Ultimate Team Mode Interview within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2013, 08:59 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: Episode 22 - NCAA Ultimate Team Mode Interview

It’s Episode 22 of the Press Row Podcast, a special Press Row One-on-One with NCAA Football 14 producer Ben Haumiller (@benhaumiller) and host Richard Grisham (@richgrisham) dedicated to the all-new NCAA Ultimate Team Mode – also known as “the mode they said couldn’t be done.” We talk all about how Ultimate Team came about for a college game, the different ways that players are being incorporated into the mode, and all the details about how the game is structured and played. In other words, everything you ever wanted to know about Ultimate Team but were afraid to ask.

This is the second of a series of shows we’ll do with Ben as NCAA Football 14 information comes out, so let us know what you think and send us some questions and thoughts you’d like us to ask Ben in the future.

Do it one of these ways:

1) Follow the show on Twitter at @PressRowPodcast and send us some Tweets while you’re there
2) Email the show at [email protected]
3) Respond to this post

Also, the Press Row Podcast is now available on iTunes, so subscribe and rate it too! The link is here: http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/o...563624090?mt=2

Enjoy the show!

Run Time: 53:01

If you can't view or listen to the embedded player below, please click here.

Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2013, 09:05 AM   #2
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: Episode 22 - NCAA Ultimate Team Mode Interv

Skip to 8:40 for ncaa ultimate team info
Old 05-15-2013, 09:09 AM   #3
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Re: Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: Episode 22 - NCAA Ultimate Team Mode Interv

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Skip to 8:40 for ncaa ultimate team info
Have the rights to nflpa, will have 2500 players, their cards will show them from different years of their college career. All 126 teams will be represented.

2013 draft class will also be included.

Former and current players will be in the game, will be able to play as both Al and Nick Toon, went out to get some players like Al Toon that you wouldn't expect.

Players will wear their college unis in their card pics, but you can have guys from the nfl on the same team representing the same college they went to. Peyton Manning, Jason Witten,Arian Foster, C Patterson all in their Tennessee orange by choosing their uniform as your Home or Away uniform.

Solo Challenges and Season Mode Online similar to FIFA Ultimate Team. 10 game season with Playoffs that determine if you level up or stay at same level or drop down.

For those who are new to ultimate team, there will be a starter pack, fills roster. In the demo, there will be some boosts for Ultimate Team to give incentive for people to play it.

Will be tied to the Skills Trainer. I.E. if you complete the ball hawk tutorial you get Charles Woodson card, screen play-Aaron Hernandez card.

Heisman Hopefuls- Barkley, Doug Flutie

Players will have different cards for different years. Tyrann Mathieu only has one card for his one year at LSU. Eddie Lacy 1st rd vs Regular Lacy card.

Current plan with retro cards is for most former players from the 90s and forward. There are players from 60s, 70s, 80s too. Didn't want to go too far back with majority of cards to where most people don't know who these players are.

Playbooks, uniforms, stadiums, not coaches though. Weren't able to get scans for coaches, but may in the future.

55 active player roster with all positions including special teams

Last edited by jpdavis82; 05-15-2013 at 12:00 PM.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:13 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Have the rights to nflpa, will have 2500 players, their cards will show them from different years of their college career. All 126 teams will be represented.
Thanks JPDavis82.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:34 AM   #5
Rookie

TryHard_Nation's Arena

OVR: 12

This is sounding really awesome.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2013, 09:49 AM   #6
A DB'S SWAG

avwhitechic's Arena

OVR: 2
I have NEVER played an ultimate team mode....and don't think ill start now. Cheers to those that do but I cant see myself buying a game to buy a game.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-15-2013, 09:50 AM   #7
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by avwhitechic
I have NEVER played an ultimate team mode....and don't think ill start now. Cheers to those that do but I cant see myself buying a game to buy a game.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
You don't have to spend money to play it or even have a decent team
Old 05-15-2013, 10:09 AM   #8
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

This actually sounds pretty cool.

I wonder what players some of the smaller teams, like Charlotte, Old Dominion, or UTSA will have?

Also, I wonder if any players from the FCS (Like Flacco) will be available.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »