Home

Madden NFL 25 Trailer - Defensive Control Gameplay

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Trailer - Defensive Control Gameplay within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2013, 02:49 PM   #25
Banned

californ14's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Defensive Trailer UP

Starter at 1:02 is something that causes me concern, Saints LB #50 is coming in on the RB and Saints DL #94 trails off to the right side of the offense, going off screen, while the Panthers OL men #63 & #67 double team a defender to the left of the offense leaving what would appear to be OL #77 to take on the Saints LB #50 who is charging in on the RB, but at the last second #77 shoots off to the right off screen allowing the Saints #50 to come in and make the play on Cam Newton, untouched....

This seems to show poor blocking assignments on either #63 or #77....I can see #77 flaring outside as Cam Newton is keeping the ball and appears to be trying to run in the direction #77 is blocking to, but no one picked up the LB....I hope again that this is a ratings determined missed block and not a base error in assignment..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2013, 03:16 PM   #26
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by californ14
Starter at 1:02 is something that causes me concern, Saints LB #50 is coming in on the RB and Saints DL #94 trails off to the right side of the offense, going off screen, while the Panthers OL men #63 & #67 double team a defender to the left of the offense leaving what would appear to be OL #77 to take on the Saints LB #50 who is charging in on the RB, but at the last second #77 shoots off to the right off screen allowing the Saints #50 to come in and make the play on Cam Newton, untouched....

This seems to show poor blocking assignments on either #63 or #77....I can see #77 flaring outside as Cam Newton is keeping the ball and appears to be trying to run in the direction #77 is blocking to, but no one picked up the LB....I hope again that this is a ratings determined missed block and not a base error in assignment..
Thats a zone read, he should have gave the ball and D. Williams is still running. They reading the player that hit Cam. I think its good that #63 is getting to the 2nd LvL on that play. IMO

Last edited by TyghtWork; 05-15-2013 at 03:18 PM.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:32 PM   #27
Rookie

Sheen_O_Mack's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyghtWork
Thats a zone read, he should have gave the ball and D. Williams is still running. They reading the player that hit Cam. I think its good that #63 is getting to the 2nd LvL on that play. IMO
You're right. To a point.

If you look at Cam's head it looks like he is looking at #50, which would make him the read key, but Cam did make the right decision by keeping the ball. When running option and the read key "attacks" the QB keeps, when the key stays home you give. I'm hoping that #50 (Lofton) made that play based on ratings, or a user was controlling him. #63 looked to be chipping the NT and going second level (at least I hope that was it and not him taking a bad angle right into the NT)
Old 05-15-2013, 03:49 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 2

"Meh." That's how I feel after the gameplay trailers. Hopefully there is something a bit more substantial in the CFM playbook in a few days.
Old 05-15-2013, 04:14 PM   #29
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

OVR: 18

Guys, cmon...that honestly wasn't a bad trailer at all.

One thing that stuck out to me was one of the first tackles where I think it was JJ Watt kind of "rode" the block and tackled Ray Rice. This is huge for the running game if those kind of blocks are in the game.

Everything else looked fine to me.
Old 05-15-2013, 04:21 PM   #30
Banned

californ14's Arena

It does appear that the runners are holding the ball better which looks better when hit, though there is not wrapping up of the ball; maybe the runner is user controlled and they are not hitting the "protect ball" button?

Is nice that the runners have been holding the ball in their outside arm away from contact...
Old 05-15-2013, 04:22 PM   #31
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

I'm glad I wasn't highly anticipating this trailer as some were. Wake me up when the Season Ticket version is available.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2013, 04:24 PM   #32
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal
I'm glad I wasn't highly anticipating this trailer as some were. Wake me up when the Season Ticket version is available.
Don't waste you money, wait til the next-gen version.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »