Home

Madden NFL 25 Blog - Playing Defense

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Blog - Playing Defense within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2013, 05:18 PM   #25
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: EA Sports: Playing Defense in Madden 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Not one word on improved DB play. Are outs and corners still going to be money 95% of the time?
I thought it was posted in another thread, but I was under the impression that they didn't touch DB play (as well as DB/WR Interactions). I'll see if I can find it, because it was a quote from someone at EA.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2013, 05:55 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 0
Looks decent to me. I'm looking forward to it as they showed a few new tackle animations that I really liked. In addition to the new tackle animations, I see they tightened up the infinity engine a bit. The players seem to have actual tension now because I'm not seeing the flailing arms, they're actually wrapping up on the tackles. Good ****.

Last edited by kingsofthevalley; 05-15-2013 at 06:00 PM.
Old 05-15-2013, 05:58 PM   #27
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 25 Blog - Playing Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Somewhere there is a statement about it learning from history.... I can respect your opinion but it's still EA Sports for better or worse. Only judging by Madden 13 is naive IMO.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
I think it's because I am convinced that they learned from history, that I can say that I'm only judging them based on Madden 13 and from now.
Old 05-15-2013, 05:59 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 15
Still no word on better presnap alignments or pressing the TE's and slot backs.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:03 PM   #29
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Facts
Still no word on better presnap alignments or pressing the TE's and slot backs.
Some of these things we just have to be patient for guys, once E3 comes we will have a lot better idea of what was and wasn't fixed in Madden 25.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:28 PM   #30
Rookie

coolcat3's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports: Playing Defense in Madden 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
I'm wasn't expecting anything different than in years past from the current-gen Madden, but seeing crap like this gets me discourages about the next-gen Madden. It's hard for me to believe that they can turn this franchise around, especially in the first next-gen release, but I hope they can, I really don't wanna go another 8-10 years without playing a good NFL game.
This is why I would love to see 2k make another NFL game. They have it in them to make a perfect football game (or close to perfect) The only complaint with APF was that there were no current players.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:31 PM   #31
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I'm not a big accessories guy, but are these socks new that Luck is wearing?

I've never understood why for all these years they didn't fix the QB wristcoach. In Madden AND NCAA! They both look bad. They are way too bulky, and just look awful but they never did anything to make them smaller or fix them. Why?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2013, 06:48 PM   #32
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
For instance, defensive awareness plays a big role this year, as defenders with a higher awareness rating are less likely to bite on fake-outs.
Umm hasn't this been the case for previous Maddens as well? Are they saying awareness had no effect on whether a defender got faked out by a move in previous Maddens? It's amazing what EA will say about previous versions of Madden to sell the current one lol. Anyway, after reading this blog, I understand why the vid looked like much of the same stuff. It's because the blog said much of the same stuff as well lol. Is it just me or does it seem like they work on pursuit angles every year lol. Anyway, the vid and this blog did nothing for me (either way) and honestly, I feel they could have saved this to focus on getting the connected franchise blog out on time on the 20th. That's what I'm really looking forward to because it's painfully obvious to me that at this point, the gameplay ain't gonna be changing too much.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »