Home

NCAA Football 14 Ultimate Team Preview (Kotaku)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Ultimate Team Preview (Kotaku) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2013, 11:59 PM   #25
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Kotaku NCAA 14 Ultimate Team Preview

Pay to win, no thank you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2013, 12:24 AM   #26
MVP

Ice_Cold345's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfins
Pay to win, no thank you.
Yes and no. Paying real money gets you to the finish goal faster, but you can compete just fine if you know how to save coins/collections and what not. It takes longer, but it's not that hard to do. Also, you are normally pitted against people of your team level, so you won't be having team overall of 83 facing a team of 95.
NCAA: Purdue Boilermakers
NASCAR: Ryan Newman

One day, Purdue Men's Basketball and Football will become relevant again.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:32 AM   #27
We Go Again

VTPack919's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
sorry, i won't simplify my expectations because the people at EA can't put out as good of a product as other companies. I simply won't buy it once again. Why would I settle? I have no problem shelling out money for NBA 2k, MLB the Show because those are quality games. My expectations aren't over the top. If you claim to eliminate sliding, i expect to see no sliding. If you're going to tout the fact that this year's focus was the run game, I expect the running motions to look real and not like they currently do. That's not asking a lot for them to deliver on what they're trying to sell us.
No one is forcing you to. NCAA will never reach your expectations considering it's current market and the amount of crowds it caters to. That's all I am saying. No need to rage about it when it comes out. Just learn to enjoy it for what it is.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:40 AM   #28
MVP

OVR: 29
Re: NCAA Football 14 Ultimate Team Preview (Kotaku)

Any word whether teambuilder will work in this mode or not? that's the only way I'll mess with it at all. And I agree with IlluminatusUIUC I have no interest in playing in a stadium with another teams branding all over the place either. Those two issues are what keeps me from playing Madden's version as well.
Old 05-17-2013, 06:09 AM   #29
Legal Advisor

jwilphl's Arena

OVR: 12

I understand why they added this mode and it makes more sense to me now that I see how it works. Unfortunately I have no personal interest in this so it is another mode in a long line of added modes for NCAA that have been a waste (for me anyway).

The most I've played any of these modes was one game of UT in NHL '12. But every company loves more greenbacks, right? Apparently these modes are pretty popular. I'd be curious to see how many people actually play UT--obviously a poll of this forum might be underwhelming.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:37 AM   #30
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

I'm not going to complain about this mode because obviously some people like it alot. I personally don't like the idea of mixing and matching random players and then playing a game with them because I like to "sim" real world football when I play a game. Not just in football either.

I never saw the appeal of putting Larry Bird on the 2012 Memphis Grizzlies in NBA 2K either, because it totally breaks the narration. Only way I could play it is if I made up in my mind that scientist have built time machines (that they for some reason use for basketball fantasy games).

I do realize that some people like it and that it offers re-playability so that's cool. It's just irksome that some other things that are in every other sports game, like in-game saves, go overlooked for years.

I will say I think it would be fun if NCAA or Madden added a fantasy football league to dynasty/franchise. I play FF every year in real life so it would be a nice touch if they had one represented in the game. A game within a game within a game lol.

I could foresee a ton of problems with online dynasty if there ever was a FF league tagged on though.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:13 AM   #31
MVP

speedy43's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
Any word whether teambuilder will work in this mode or not? that's the only way I'll mess with it at all. And I agree with IlluminatusUIUC I have no interest in playing in a stadium with another teams branding all over the place either. Those two issues are what keeps me from playing Madden's version as well.
I haven't seen anything mentioning teambuilder, so I would highly doubt that it would be integrated in this mode. Although it would be a nice alternative to the random uniform/mascot/stadium cards
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2013, 09:22 AM   #32
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Words can't express how much I detest all UT modes.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »