Home

Madden NFL 25 Video - Exclusive Blocking Information (simfballcritic)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Video - Exclusive Blocking Information (simfballcritic) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2013, 09:34 AM   #17
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: SimFballcritic Exclusive! Blocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign

Again, no disrespect but he really just repeated whats already been said.
How so, this is the first time I've heard OL/DL interractions are in the game?

He was given permission to let the cat out of the bag.

If you want more info, we'll need to wait till E3 or dropping more trailers and blogs.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:38 AM   #18
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Re: SimFballcritic Exclusive! Blocking.

I asked Shopmaster if he saw double teams on passing plays. He didn't see that. It wasn't mentioned here either, although there is mention of OL/DL interactions. I'll ask sim and see if he noticed or heard anything about that.
Follow me on Twitter
Old 05-16-2013, 10:18 AM   #19
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Madden NFL 25 Video - Exclusive Blocking Information (simfballcritic)

This is great to hear, obviously for gamers that plan on getting M25 on the current consoles but especially for gamers like me that are focused on M25 for the new consoles. IF Tiburon was able to address this things on the current consoles, I can only imagine how well done they should be for a new console version. The more positives they reveal for M25 on the PS3/360, the more hype I get about it on PS4/New Xbox.

Also shout out to all the pioneers and unsung gamers from the past that have been harping on these things long before it was mainstream. Bezo, PG, LBZ Sven, Watcher, AJ, RyanMoody, TSS and a whole host of others, I just mentioned some people I remember reading that went to Tiburon in the past and the Youtube guys that used to be mocked. No matter how this all pans out, I can't hate on Cam Weber and these devs, at least they actually seem to be working on football fundamentals.

That said, I still would like to know WTF went wrong with "throw a receiver open" in M13 and is it fixed for M25, lol.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:39 AM   #20
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Also shout out to all the pioneers and unsung gamers from the past that have been harping on these things long before it was mainstream. Bezo, PG, LBZ Sven, Watcher, AJ, RyanMoody, TSS and a whole host of others, I just mentioned some people I remember reading that went to Tiburon in the past and the Youtube guys that used to be mocked.
I wish LBz, AJ, PG & myself could participate now. Much of our suggestions were based on having these fundamental things in place. LBz & AJ would have a field day at these events going forward. But I'm sure there's some good representation at these things. Russ is still down.

And shout out to The Watcher! Where you at bruh?

Last edited by BezO; 05-16-2013 at 10:43 AM.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:48 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 19
They admit that they really didn't do too much to OL/DL, WR/DB interactions on this game, so we can't jump ship as though the these two areas are "Newly" rebuilt, because they are not.

Good to see something is being attempted, but lets not act like the issues are really going to be "Fixed".
These are simply tweaks/tunes per their admission nothing was really (meaning some type of overhaul) done to these areas.

They are more "Animations" (at least in discussion) being injected, not the overhaul that's needed.

Two major things to keep in perspective:

1) The interaction between their Ratings and how/when they trigger animations is simply a mess, so that not even the dev's themselves can give an definitive answer on the who/what/when/how on the matter (8 yrs now).

What is the rating threshold between the OL/DL so that the OL is pushed back?
How much of a difference must the window be to trigger this animation?
Is the game coded (finally) so that Star DL/OLB can really get this push compared to the avg DL/OLB?

Again, until the Dev team are all on the same page in being able to explain how their ratings/animations work together, we will still be dealing with the same mess.

2) This is a VERY, VERY big issue.
Remember the ability to edit in CCM has been removed/stripped away, so that the gamer/community no longer have the ability to improve/achieve the current Rating/Animation triggers through manipulating the Ratings of the players.

So if no one really knows/can explain the triggering thresholds and we don't have the ability edit to improve/accomplish triggering these "so called" new animations in CCM, folks have to understand that the game is, what it is no matter what's put out there during the Marketing build-up.

The games build, is it's build and there's only so much they can do with only manipulating animations.

The "Blur" wasn't added just for kicks, it's to bring/keep the gamers focus on what they want you to see play out during any given play.

Looking at how players are interacting on the outskirts of the direct focus will let you know how much of so-called "Real Time Physics" this game is utilizing.
Physics interaction should be occuring all over the field with "everyone", from on the field to on the sidelines.
Not just between the immediate runner/tackler that the focus is on.

It's still about linked Animations, and they've already made known by several dev's, that this area hasn't been overhauled with so-called Physics Based outcomes.

So it may be cleaned up somewhat, but that's not what the community has been calling/making known for the past 7 yrs.

It's EA though, lot's of Marketing to get over until the next year of marketed injections.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2013, 10:55 AM   #22
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
They admit that they really didn't do too much to OL/DL, WR/DB interactions on this game, so we can't jump ship as though the these two areas are "Newly" rebuilt, because they are not.

Good to see something is being attempted, but lets not act like the issues are really going to be "Fixed".
These are simply tweaks/tunes per their admission nothing was really (meaning some type of overhaul) done to these areas.

They are more "Animations" (at least in discussion) being injected, not the overhaul that's needed.

Two major things to keep in perspective:

1) The interaction between their Ratings and how/when they trigger animations is simply a mess, so that not even the dev's themselves can give an definitive answer on the who/what/when/how on the matter (8 yrs now).

What is the rating threshold between the OL/DL so that the OL is pushed back?
How much of a difference must the window be to trigger this animation?
Is the game coded (finally) so that Star DL/OLB can really get this push compared to the avg DL/OLB?

Again, until the Dev team are all on the same page in being able to explain how their ratings/animations work together, we will still be dealing with the same mess.

2) This is a VERY, VERY big issue.
Remember the ability to edit in CCM has been removed/stripped away, so that the gamer/community no longer have the ability to improve/achieve the current Rating/Animation triggers through manipulating the Ratings of the players.

So if no one really knows/can explain the triggering thresholds and we don't have the ability edit to improve/accomplish triggering these "so called" new animations in CCM, folks have to understand that the game is, what it is no matter what's put out there during the Marketing build-up.

The games build, is it's build and there's only so much they can do with only manipulating animations.

The "Blur" wasn't added just for kicks, it's to bring/keep the gamers focus on what they want you to see play out during any given play.

Looking at how players are interacting on the outskirts of the direct focus will let you know how much of so-called "Real Time Physics" this game is utilizing.
Physics interaction should be occuring all over the field with "everyone", from on the field to on the sidelines.
Not just between the immediate runner/tackler that the focus is on.

It's still about linked Animations, and they've already made known by several dev's, that this area hasn't been overhauled with so-called Physics Based outcomes.

So it may be cleaned up somewhat, but that's not what the community has been calling/making known for the past 7 yrs.

It's EA though, lot's of Marketing to get over until the next year of marketed injections.
Like myself and others have said, they are doing the best that they can right now with what they have to work with. I think a lot of these issues will be a thing of the past almost by default with the new engine the next gen games will be powered by. I think this current dev team (as of M13) knows what the customer wants and they want the same thing, I believe Kolbe, Cam, and the rest of them will show us a much closer representation of what we have been clamoring for once the next gen console version is revealed.

In the meantime, positive steps and additions in the right direction should bring hope and be looked at as building blocks for what they are going to do with the next gen.

I hope I'm not just saying this, but I honestly believe the next 5 years of Madden will far surpass anything that we have ever seen in football gaming history. With the new engine and the resources, disk space that they will have to work with, 8GB shared vs 256MB, I think they know that they will have no excuses to fall back on and must perform at a level that has never been seen in football gaming history.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:07 AM   #23
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
I know, from following Simfbcritic on youtube for years, that he wants the game to be sim as much as anyone. Having him working with devs has and will pay off. Even he says that we should only judge Madden based on M13 and on because that is when the current dev team really started. It seems they are at least listening to the sim community.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:11 AM   #24
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
I'd rather this stuff be in NCAA but sadly I doubt it will be there

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »