Home

Purchase Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition From Amazon, Get NFL Sunday Ticket Free

This is a discussion on Purchase Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition From Amazon, Get NFL Sunday Ticket Free within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2013, 10:11 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Purchase Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition From Amazon, Get NFL Sunday Ticket Free

Amazon has an exclusive Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition, according to Polygon's Samit Sarkar, which will be available for pre-order starting tomorrow at a cost of $99.

What's so special about it? Well, it's not as special for those of you that already have the DirecTV service with NFL Sunday Ticket. But for those that aren't subscribers, you can get $10 off every month for the first year and get a full season of NFL Sunday Ticket Max (normally $299.95).

You also get this...

Quote:
... exclusive content for Madden Ultimate Team, the series' popular digital trading card mode. Anniversary Edition buyers will receive 17 special Ultimate Team packs of cards, one for every week of the 2013 NFL season, with each pack containing two rare players, four silver players and four bronze players.

UPDATE:
  • For fans who are not currently DirecTV subscribers but are able to receive DirecTV service, they will receive a promo code entitling them to $10 off per month for their first year of service and one year of NFL Sunday Ticket Max at no additional charge.
  • For fans who are already DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket Max subscribers, you can access NFL Sunday Ticket on your computer, tablet, and mobile devices using your current DirecTV username and password.
  • For fans unable to receive DirecTV service, each Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition will include a unique code to access the 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computers, tablets, and mobile devices- including access to the award-winning Red Zone Channel.
UPDATE #2 - According to Anthony Stevenson, Sr. Director of Marketing for EA SPORTS, there will be a unique code inside every box.

More details here.

Quote:
Is a DIRECTV subscription necessary in order to view NFL Sunday Ticket via computer, mobile or tablet?

No, it is not necessary to have a DIRECTV subscription. Each Anniversary Edition aspecial code for eligible gamers giving them the opportunity to unlock a special, 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet and mobile devices.

Can I use this service to access NFL Sunday Ticket on my PS3?

This service is available on your computer, mobile and tablet applications only.

Source - Amazon-exclusive Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition includes free year of NFL Sunday Ticket (Polygon)

Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2013, 10:37 AM   #2
Rookie

rdonnel1's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Purchase Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition From Amazon, Get NFL Sunday Ticket Fre

"Non-subscribers who can't get DirecTV service will be entitled to a free trial of NFL Sunday Ticket for the 2013 season — including the Red Zone Channel, which shows all plays within 20 yards of the end zone — that they can access on computers, tablets and mobile devices. Both the Red Zone Channel and non-TV access are usually confined to Sunday Ticket Max."

So I can't get DirecTV since my apartment is facing the wrong way. This quote makes it seem like I can buy the $99 anniversary edition and get NFL Ticket for 2013 free on my computer. That seems too good to be true. I have to be missing something right?
Old 05-16-2013, 10:48 AM   #3
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Purchase Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition From Amazon, Get NFL Sunday Ticket Fre

Tag

10 char
Old 05-16-2013, 10:48 AM   #4
Pro

huntt26's Arena

OVR: 11
I'm curious how long the trial is for non Direct TV subscribers as well...
Old 05-16-2013, 10:49 AM   #5
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Edit: misunderstood the quoted section, the free trial is probably just the first weekend of the season. The non-DirecTV package is usually fairly strictly $299 since you aren't offsetting any costs by continuing to be a DirecTV subscriber.

Since you can usually get pretty good deals on Sunday Ticket (paid only for MAX last year, got the rest for free probably pay on average $99-150) I'm not sure this is that great of a deal since I'd have to probably buy Max anyways on top of this. Probably still end up being what I usually pay (don't play any MUT really either).

Certainly good PR and a nice headline for probably one of the most popular packages in pay TV in the US.

Last edited by mestevo; 05-16-2013 at 10:54 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2013, 11:07 AM   #6
EA Game Changer

ZFarls's Arena

OVR: 19
Great find by Samit,
I'm interested by this (my dad has directv with ticket, so I have used his online portion before) but this seems easier. I can't get directv in my apartment building so it appears that it will work. It seems very similar to the PS3 deal they had last season that I almost went for. Based off of that, I think what RDonnel1 said is correct. "This quote makes it seem like I can buy the $99 anniversary edition and get NFL Ticket for 2013 free on my computer."
I am not a huge MUT player but this is still very valuable.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:12 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Edit: misunderstood the quoted section, the free trial is probably just the first weekend of the season. The non-DirecTV package is usually fairly strictly $299 since you aren't offsetting any costs by continuing to be a DirecTV subscriber..
Nope -- my article says "free trial of NFL Sunday Ticket for the 2013 season," and that's what I meant. The trial is for the full, 17-week season (I've now added the word "full" there).

@SamitSarkar
Old 05-16-2013, 11:22 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5
Watched nfl Sunday ticket trough my ps3 last season. If I purchase the madden on amazon will I be able to get it trough my ps3??

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »