Home

Madden NFL 25 - Connected Franchise: Relocating Your Franchise

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 - Connected Franchise: Relocating Your Franchise within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2013, 02:17 PM   #17
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden NFL 25 - Connected Franchise: Relocating Your Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttingteeth
Do anyone know if you can move/relocate right away, before a season, or are you forced to struggle the first season away? We've had both options in the past...just wondering what options we have this go around..?
I think you have to play at least one season to go through the relocation process before you can move. And only certain teams are eligible to relocate so soon. There are certain requirements like your stadium being a under a level 40 so you couldn't move a team like the Cowboys immediately but you could easily move a team like the Raiders in Season 1.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:24 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 12

So...I can't just move the Niners to Santa Clara? I want to move them there and keep the same name just so I can build the new stadium.

We'll know soon if the Niners are going to get Super Bowl 50. Is there any word on if the new stadium will be in the game for use after the first season? It would be nice to be able to play the final season at candlestick and move into the new stadium. It would be awful if you play Super Bowl 50 at candlestick.

If they don't include it...at least give me the chance to move them on my own!!
Old 05-21-2013, 02:26 PM   #19
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94
Given the way this worked in the PS2 era, I'm not exactly sold on it. I do NOT want AI-controlled teams moving without the player's control.
This. I was always 4-5 years into a good franchise, only to have a team move and ruin it.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:31 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 21

Not a fan of being limited in name/color/uniform choices. The names shown (other than the original) are generally unintersting. We get two names of baseball teams essentially with Yanks and Dodgers and then the other choice is the Arena-esque Beats. Plus, being unable to choose and customize the colors or uniforms is very disappointing.

As much as we here at OS malign NCAA's TeamBuilder feature for not doing anything over the years, it's still the best creatn system in the business and it would be great to have that in Madden, especially with the ability to relocate teams.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:32 PM   #21
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicer420
So...I can't just move the Niners to Santa Clara? I want to move them there and keep the same name just so I can build the new stadium.

We'll know soon if the Niners are going to get Super Bowl 50. Is there any word on if the new stadium will be in the game for use after the first season? It would be nice to be able to play the final season at candlestick and move into the new stadium. It would be awful if you play Super Bowl 50 at candlestick.

If they don't include it...at least give me the chance to move them on my own!!
The 49ers will play one season in Candlestick and then move to their new stadium in Season 2 without anything having to be done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2013, 02:37 PM   #22
Rookie

davo1021's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicer420
Is there any word on if the new stadium will be in the game for use after the first season? It would be nice to be able to play the final season at candlestick and move into the new stadium.
"Incidentally, if you play as the San Francisco 49ers, your first season will be in venerable Candlestick Park, and then you will move to the newly christened Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, Calif., meaning that venue will debut in Madden NFL 25 a year before it will in real life."

http://kotaku.com/keep-the-fans-happ...-own-508914667
Old 05-21-2013, 02:48 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
The 49ers will play one season in Candlestick and then move to their new stadium in Season 2 without anything having to be done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davo1021
"Incidentally, if you play as the San Francisco 49ers, your first season will be in venerable Candlestick Park, and then you will move to the newly christened Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, Calif., meaning that venue will debut in Madden NFL 25 a year before it will in real life."

http://kotaku.com/keep-the-fans-happ...-own-508914667
Really?! Oh man, that's awesome! They took out the ability to build a stadium around the same time the new stadium was announced. So it's been frustrating that I could never move and retain the team name and uniforms in my franchises. I love candlestick, but I can't wait for Levi's Stadium to open.

Thank you guys for the quick response. This game was dead in the water after last year, but instantly becomes a day one buy for me.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:54 PM   #24
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13

I sure do hope the Rams are able to do the relocation process after the first year being since their stadium should be well under 40%. Gonna take those bad boys and move them back to Los Angeles, and then sign Tim Tebow so I can get some jersey sales and more money !!! Gonna choose a Delixe Futuristic Stadium (it's LA come on) hopefully it'll be downtown, and you can see the skyline behind the stadium; that'd be amazingly awesome. If I keep the same team name does that mean I have to keep the jerseys too? Haven't really found an answer on this specific scenario.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »