Home

Running the Read Option in Madden NFL 25 (MyMaddenPad)

This is a discussion on Running the Read Option in Madden NFL 25 (MyMaddenPad) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2013, 04:44 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 6
I like it, mainly because there are many types of zone reads, power reads, etc... and it shows that aspect that you aren't always reading the same guy depending on the play. I think Chip Kelly's playbook could be kind of fun to play around with on Madded 25.
Old 05-24-2013, 05:02 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 25 Quick Hits - Running the Read Option (MyMaddenPad)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDelta
On the one hand, it does sound a bit dumbed down/casual with the R/P icons, on the other hand, reads often didn't seem to work at all in previous versions so if this makes the Option workable, I'm all for it. Can't wait to turn the Jets into a Triple Option steamroller offense
Well, in my experience the AI wouldnt recognize the QB when until he was well past the LOS and even then they took all the wrong angels to get to him resulting in more than what he should of got to begin with!

Might have to set my defense up in ways im not to familiar with in order to contain such a play. But I hope the AI and pursuit angles are truly corrected like they have said!
Old 05-24-2013, 08:30 PM   #11
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Running the Read Option in Madden NFL 25 (MyMaddenPad)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidzer0918
did it get taken down?
It seems that their site is down. Must be having host issues, or something.

Has it been said whether or not we will be able to disable these aids? I don't need to be taught how to key these reads. And that's half of the fun of playing these offenses... I want to do that on my own. I want to read the play.

Teaching these concepts is great. But you only need the training wheels for so long.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2013, 12:12 PM   #12
MVP

infemous's Arena

I just hope I find out what the frickin pitch button is!
Old 05-27-2013, 08:04 PM   #13
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

In real life NFL teams are probably going to be destroying the QB after he pitches this season to get teams to stop running read options (heard on ESPN and radio shows) but I bet on Madden you wont be able to do that. After the QB pitches it or hands off you cant touch him.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:10 PM   #14
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
In real life NFL teams are probably going to be destroying the QB after he pitches this season to get teams to stop running read options (heard on ESPN and radio shows) but I bet on Madden you wont be able to do that. After the QB pitches it or hands off you cant touch him.
Wouldn't matter if the QB could be hit after the pitch IF the hits don't accumulate and take a toll on players. Maybe this fatigue system finally brings that element to Madden but I doubt it. Again, a 2.0 version of HC09's "wear n tear" system would have been a great addition but "it's just a video game" right? smh
Old 05-27-2013, 08:25 PM   #15
Banned

californ14's Arena

If it is anything like typical Madden, the QB's will be bullet proof on the field.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2013, 09:09 PM   #16
I am Batmoose

MooseBoyJ's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by californ14
If it is anything like typical Madden, the QB's will be bullet proof on the field.
I would usually agree with you until Andrew Luck tore his ACL on the first play from scrimmage when he was tackled by DRC. I was pissed.

I am really looking forward to Owner Mode the most. This option stuff is cool and kudos to the dev team but running with the Colts I run a pro offense. Now I have contemplated changing schemes because of how malleable that OL is but with no speed in the backfield I just run it like usual. Interested to see Hamilton's west coast in the NFL

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »