Home

NCAA Football 14 Dynasty RoundTable (UTC)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Dynasty RoundTable (UTC) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2013, 10:03 AM   #1
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
NCAA Football 14 Dynasty RoundTable (UTC)

UTC has posted their NCAA Football 14 Dynasty Mode roundtable, which includes discussion from a couple of guys from The Gaming Tailgate.

Quote:
In the Game Management skill tree, there are skills like “Antifreeze” to prevent your kicker from being “iced,” “Setup Artist” to help set up your play action pass plays more quickly after successful runs, and “Clutch” where your team gets performance bonuses in high-pressure situations. Each of the skills has three levels of development, with different perks at each level. What is your take on having Coach Skills which affect on-field performance? How do you feel about such perks affecting player-versus-player games in an Online Dynasty?

I really like the idea of Coach Skills affecting the on-field performance, though I am a little bit wary of it for a few reasons. Obviously in user-versus-user scenarios, there’s a chance that the playing field might become unbalanced if the Coach Skills are too easily built up by certain players to the detriment of their competition. I do also wonder, however, whether or not the CPU players in an offline Dynasty might build these Coach Skills up quickly as well, lending an artificial feel to playing against the AI. I think it’s definitely something that can be managed to avoid issues, but it remains to be seen until the game is out in the wild.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2013, 10:53 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NCAA Football 14 Dynasty RoundTable Under The Code

Wow its nice to see some highly respected guys who are almost as excited about the game as I am. Every year it seems the Debby downers come into this forum bashing the game as it is not up to their expectations.

I love the game for what I make it to be. What EA puts in front of me is a set of guidelines that I use to make it my own.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:12 AM   #3
Rookie

Colt45's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratospaly
Wow its nice to see some highly respected guys who are almost as excited about the game as I am. Every year it seems the Debby downers come into this forum bashing the game as it is not up to their expectations.

I love the game for what I make it to be. What EA puts in front of me is a set of guidelines that I use to make it my own.
Yep. Totally agree.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:15 AM   #4
MVP

merchant1874's Arena

OVR: 6

Also agree, really like the look of what they have done.

Although nothing major it just looks a better experience all around.

Can't wait to get it.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:24 AM   #5
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

I just feel people saw the dynasty trailer and forgot about the neutral stadiums, the small fixes that was covered in the podcast (The scheduled visits, etc.)

My biggest problem with NCAA was the recruiting was not even fun, I never could take the time to do it. The coaching was pointless because you did not get rewarded for being a good coach and the carousel did not make sense.

They have revamped recruiting, added the coach skill tree and fixed the logic for the carousel. I am super stoked for this NCAA version, fixed all my problems I had. (For the record, I am a bigger Madden player than NCAA)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2013, 12:23 PM   #6
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

I really like the changes. I was expecting a little more, but hey, I'd rather them do it right than throw a bunch of stuff at us and do it wrong.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 05-29-2013, 12:34 PM   #7
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

They pose a good question: Will the CPU also have built up skills? It would be cool playing Alabama and having to worry about the play action as much as you would with them in real life. If not, it puts a major damper on the whole thing. I don't want to have skills the CPU is unable to attain.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 05-29-2013, 12:38 PM   #8
Rookie

Colt45's Arena

OVR: 7

Yes, they do, and you can check the computer's skills somewhere in the menus. It was mentioned in the podcast.

This also plays into (not) being able to hire/fire your own coaches. While you can't hire whoever you want, you can take the points that the coach that you end up with and use them to build him up any way you want. So it's kind of a middle ground on hiring the guys you want.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »