Home

NCAA Football 14 Playbook 4: Dynasty - Part 1 of 3

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Playbook 4: Dynasty - Part 1 of 3 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2013, 02:22 PM   #9
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NCAA Football 14 Playbook 4: Dynasty

Somewhere I have to believe the EA Reps are in their offices looking at Operation Sports and laughing while saying "Gotcha...Again"!!!!!!!!
Old 05-29-2013, 02:23 PM   #10
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezell04x
Apparently the blog is in 3 parts:

Per NCAA Twitter:

After much anticipation, our NCAA Football 14 Dynasty Blog is now live! (Part 1 of 3): http://www.easports.com/ncaa-footbal...all-14-dynasty … #PlayTrue
Looks like 2 and 3 might just be expanding on what's already been revealed but I'm excited to here more. Would like to see a few new surprises thrown in there, but excited either way.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 05-29-2013, 02:34 PM   #11
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

At least they touched on Presentation a little, hopefully they will hit on that more in the next two blogs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2013, 02:36 PM   #12
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Conversely, if you’re more interested in on-field bonuses, you may want to upgrade a skill like Clutch, which helps your team out in close games. This is a high-level skill that isn’t available right away, but it’s worth strong consideration once it unlocks. At its first level, Clutch will let your team start off the fourth quarter HOT if the score is within 14 points. At the next level your team stays HOT throughout the entire quarter, and when maxed out your players get VERY HOT in the final two minutes (and overtime) if the score differential is within a touchdown. The HOT and VERY HOT descriptors are dynamic ratings adjustments, so you’ll see your team perform well above their normal skills as long as they’re in those states.
Hoe

Lee

CRAP!!!

College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 05-29-2013, 02:59 PM   #13
Banned

rockytop52's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA Football 14 Playbook 4: Dynasty - Part 1 of 3

Question: How does Madden get virtual commentators last year and we don't get virtual Brad or Kirk this year? I thought that was a cool addition to their presentation. Since we dont have College Gameday they could have at least added a quick glimpse of them...

Call me a complainer or whatever but College Football is my favorite sport and USED to be my favorite game. We always get the short end of the stick from EA Sports.

If they lose this lawsuit, is it possible someone else will get license and make a new game for the next generation (2K)?
Old 05-29-2013, 03:02 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 5

Powerups? Uh oh. I really really really hope these coaching skills are implemented properly. For now I'm a little concerned... Any word on player progression? In season or off season? For the last couple years players progressed at the same rate whether they had playing time or not. The new screens are beautiful tho and seems like they provide you with a lot more info on current and past seasons. Just worried about the nba jam style fourth quater "he's he's heating up". Sounds extremely gimmicky. Hopefully the cpu has the same advantage against a user opponent.
Old 05-29-2013, 03:08 PM   #15
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

I've noticed this weird thing with NCAA and Madden news this year, sometimes they have pictures that you can see that aren't in their blogs, like this one. You just go to the link for the pic and at the end of it you will see a number, sometimes they have pics that aren't in the blog that are a part of the picture gallery.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2013, 03:16 PM   #16
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Had this in the other thread but I guess it's more appropriate here...

Quote:
Here’s an example: if you know which players you want and would like to sign them with minimal fuss, you can invest in Insta-Commit. This higher-level skill takes a while to unlock, but it’s a must-have for anyone who spends a substantial amount of time recruiting players. This skill provides a 5% chance of instant commitment when you offer a scholarship, and goes up to 10% and 20% over the next two levels. Insta-Commit allows coaches to spend more resources on those guys who are playing hard-to-get.

Conversely, if you’re more interested in on-field bonuses, you may want to upgrade a skill like Clutch, which helps your team out in close games. This is a high-level skill that isn’t available right away, but it’s worth strong consideration once it unlocks. At its first level, Clutch will let your team start off the fourth quarter HOT if the score is within 14 points. At the next level your team stays HOT throughout the entire quarter, and when maxed out your players get VERY HOT in the final two minutes (and overtime) if the score differential is within a touchdown. The HOT and VERY HOT descriptors are dynamic ratings adjustments, so you’ll see your team perform well above their normal skills as long as they’re in those states.
Anyone else find this very gimmicky? So you apparently pick these different "skills" which are essentially accelerators that give you advantages whether it's in recruiting or on the field.

I like that they've finally made upgrades to the presentation so it feels like a season where the commentary will reflect your teams position, updates will be related more to your team and loading screens now no longer give you the same tips and worthless info as the past years.

The coaching stuff to me sounds really gimmicky. I also don't fully understand it. So do we pick different accelerators or "skills" for the coaches and then based on our results we move up to higher levels?

Last edited by JerseySuave4; 05-29-2013 at 03:18 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »