Home

Ashes Cricket 2013 Screenshots, Release Date Set For June 21st

This is a discussion on Ashes Cricket 2013 Screenshots, Release Date Set For June 21st within the All Other Sports forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2013, 06:50 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
"That was a wicked googly"
Old 06-01-2013, 03:00 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Ashes Cricket 2013 Screenshots, Release Date Set For June 21st

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazraz
Cricket is a tough game to bring to a console, especially in a Test Match format. The slow pace & length of matches make it appeal to die hard fans of the sport only. These limitations are often further accentuated by the repetiveness of elements such as cut scenes & commentary that makes the game stale fast.
I've played Cricket games on & off since the 80's & although they may look a little better than they did they haven't advanced much in terms of depth, realism or long term appeal. The fact only 2 licensed teams appear in the game doesn't help much either.
On the money here, Test match Cricket really doesn't lend itself to video-gaming at all. Sounds like you've played them a little longer than me, think my first Cricket game was Brian Lara Cricket on Mega Drive and then I remember playing a heap of Shane Warne Cricket 99 on PSX (think this one might have been still called Brian Lara over your way? ). Since then I've regularly checked out the Cricket releases, but only a few people would want to sit about playing a Test Match Cricket game.

What they need to do is embrace t20 Cricket (and I say this as someone who is a huge fan of Test match Cricket), get a game that focusses primarily on the IPL and the various other t20 leagues, add in international t20 and actually get the licenses. Then tack on 50 over games and then Tests just because people will whine if it isn't included, but focus on the t20 stuff. There's a reason that Cricket in general is gravitating towards t20, because it's exciting and the masses enjoy it.

If only India was a big gaming country, we'd have big money licensed Cricket games rolling out each year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »